Software Developer – Salesforce Commerce Cloud
Patagonia · Ventura, CA/Remote
As the SFCC Software Developer, this position focuses on development of production code for a variety of websites ranging from ecommerce to marketing both desktop and mobile. This position will work on ecommerce projects as well as interact at a customer facing level internally with the creative department to ensure that marketing projects meet expectations and are on time and within budget.
What You’ll Do
- Experience in building user interfaces from wireframes and designs and be able to deploy applications in a cross-platform/cross-browser environment.
- Website optimization including understanding of FCP, FMP, TTI, LCP, TTFB
- Understanding of browser compatibility and screen limitations.
- Knowledge and demonstrated capacity in responsive design/mobile first development and touch input.
- Experience integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- Experience with API's (REST/Web Services) both utilizing and building.
- Working knowledge of code repository best practices and use.
- SDLC knowledge and Agile software development methodologies.
- Visual Studio Code/Eclipse IDE
- Version control tools such as Git, Github
- Knowledge of the Atlassian toolset (JIRA/Confluence)
- Experience with Node.js, Webpack, Gulp, ESLint
- Research and evaluate the applicability of emerging technologies and design patterns. Examples include HTML5, CSS3, Middleware pattern, Website Optimization, Sustainable Web Design, Responsive & Mobile First Design
- Research and recommend improvements to existing code base and web systems.
- Documenting system problems and their resolutions for future reference.
Who You Are
- Passionate – for software development and saving our planet
- Adaptable – able to work in a dynamic environment
- Resilient – comfortable and confident through change management
- Creative – think outside the box and bring new ideas to the table
Experience You Bring
- College Degree or equivalent experience required
- 2+ years professional development experience including e-commerce, web application development and systems integration.
- Experience developing on the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform preferably with the Storefront Reference Architecture (SFRA).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Deep technical knowledge of web systems, technology infrastructure and technical frameworks.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, with ability to use data and analytics to understand and improve performance.
- Maintaining a flexible work schedule and be on-call during evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Demonstrates initiative and self-motivation, is conscientious and provides complete follow-through on areas of responsibility.
Nice to Have But Not Necessary
- Strong ecommerce knowledge.
- Experience with content management systems a plus.
- Understanding of Web Accessibility concepts.
- Strong interest in environmental and social issues.
- Enjoys being outside.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.