Senior Software Engineer-Frontend
Swiftly · Remote
Human Rights & EqualityPosted 2 weeks ago
We are a mission-driven startup working to help cities move more efficiently. Be it from a desire to improve public transit, urban mobility, sustainability, or simply from a desire to work on hard problems that impact the real world–we care deeply about our work. Our software generates real-time predictions for transit riders, and our feeds are consumed by 3rd party applications like Google Maps, Transit App, physical signs, and more. We've also built a data analytics platform with intuitive visualizations that help drive smarter decisions for more than 5,500 transit professionals around the globe. Your work will make a difference for transit riders in more than 90 cities and 6 countries–representing over 1.5 billion passenger trips per year.
Engineering at Swiftly
Engineering at Swiftly is not only about writing code – we believe in creating empowered product teams that work together to conceptualize new features and bring them to life. Each team aims to strike a balance between delivering incremental improvements, creating prototypes to test new ideas and mitigate risks, and building scalable software using industry best practices. We’re guided by a mission to positively impact transit riders, and we embrace humility and intentionality in how we make technical decisions so that we best meet our customers’ needs.
Swiftly's office is located in San Francisco, CA. We are open to local or remote hires for this role.
About the Role
You will join Swiftly's rapidly growing engineering team to become a technical leader of our frontend code. While full stack experience is helpful and welcomed, it is important that you are eager to focus your abilities primarily within our client-side code. With a keen eye for design and a love of performance, you will work closely with designers, product managers, and fellow engineers to build products that delight our customers. We are looking for someone who appreciates that technology is not the end goal itself but rather a means to delivering meaningful real-world impact.
While you are passionate about code quality and following best practices, you will act as a technical leader who appreciates that the ultimate goal is to cultivate a robust, high-functioning team. You are eager to work with other engineers – both those more and less experienced – to help everyone on the team improve over time. This means being a strong listener, thoughtful communicator, and patient teacher.
About our Frontend Stack
The more familiarity you have with our existing technology stack the better, but we do not expect applicants to have familiarity with all the technologies we use. Technologies are always evolving, and accordingly we seek to constantly adapt as it makes sense to do so. The following is provided simply to provide a sense of where we are currently.
We encourage you to apply if you meet half or more of the requirements and are excited to learn about the rest. Above all else, we value candidates who have a positive attitude and the aptitude to learn the requisite skills. We know the tech landscape is ever-changing and strongly support individual growth. If this is exciting to you, then we'd love to talk!
- Work closely with designers, product managers, and fellow engineers to build products that delight our customers
- Strive to embody software best practices in your work and proliferate them through mentoring and code reviews
- Be a leader in the shaping best practices and the architectural vision of our client-side code
- Embrace a mindset of continuous learning – helping both yourself and those around you adapt as technology constantly evolves
You'll be a good fit if...
- You are excited to be part of a mission-driven company. Regardless of your why, it is important that you care about the work we do.
- You are a dynamic team player and seek to make valuable contributions wherever it is most-needed at any given time.
- You love solving problems with data.
- You’ve worked on a team (or want to work on a team) that builds software that can be understood and extended by your teammates.
- You embrace a growth mindset both for yourself and your fellow teammates. At Swiftly, we recognize that technology is always changing and requires continual learning. You love learning and helping those around you grow.
- You’re open to receiving feedback (a core Swiftly value!), approach technical debates with humility, and participate in blameless postmortems when things go wrong.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for every employee
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401k with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Home office setup reimbursement
- Monthly cell/internet reimbursement
- Monthly Education Reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work environment
- 17 paid holidays - including 4 holidays in months without US national holidays in 2021
- 8 fully paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
Don’t just hit the apply button. We want to hear more about you. Tell us why you're passionate about our mission and what interests you about Swiftly!
We are an equal opportunity employer - we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve.