Senior Data Engineer
Simple Health · New York, NY
Everyone deserves access to birth control. We make it simple — with online prescriptions, automatic refills and free home delivery, SimpleHealth makes that mission a reality. Our brand is focused on providing Access and Expert Care to allow people to realize their potential through a healthy reproductive system.
As a healthcare company, the integrity and completeness of our data is paramount. We’re looking for someone to own our data warehouse, ensuring it and all associated systems are secure, resilient and integrated with the rest of our platform.
- Work with engineering and business teams to maintain and evolve our data warehouse infrastructure.
- Optimize and maintain ETL workflows from various sources.
- Debug data pipeline issue and work with stakeholders to build more resilient systems.
- Evolve our systems to ensure high-availability, low-latency, and ultimately real-time decision-making in a healthcare environment.
- You are a strong team player, have strong writing skills, and enjoy collaborating with others.
- You are excited about data and motivated to learn new technologies.
- You have experience performing analysis with datasets in a cloud-based environment, preferably with a strong understanding of AWS.
- You seek and prefer simple solutions to complex problems.
- You strive to write clean, quality code and enjoy doing it.
- You maintain a healthy balance between perfectionism and actually getting stuff done.
- You love developing software. You have 3+ years of industry experience.
Bonus points if you have
- Familiarity with AWS Redshift and visualization tools such as Looker
- Built batch and streaming data pipelines with tools such as Spark, Airflow, or cloud-based data services
We think you should join us. Here’s why
- We see things differently. That’s why we’re building a diverse culture - with people who bring unique perspectives & backgrounds to the table. We need a diverse team to build products that serve our diverse patients.
- We’re humans first, employees second. Work-life balance matters to us - that’s why we require minimum vacation time, are flexible with when and where you work, offer paid parental leave & more.
- We’re building for longevity. Growth is not confined to job descriptions or teams, and we encourage continuous learning, both within your specialty and in other interests.
- Health matters to us, including yours. We pay 100% of employee healthcare and dental premiums, and a membership with One Medical.