Data Science Lead (Machine Learning Engineer)
Amida Technology Solutions · Washington, DC
The Data Science Lead (Machine Learning Engineer) will be expected to lead a team of data scientists and data engineers to develop data science solutions and dashboards across a variety of agency wide use cases. The Data Science Lead will oversee the development of analysis plans, complex reports, statistical and machine learning algorithms and data visualizations. The Data Science Lead will lead efforts around customer intake and outreach, platform demos and training, and platform features related to data science capabilities. Must have experience with Microsoft tools, R, Python, and Machine Learning technologies. Databricks and Azure data science services are a definite plus.
This position will allow telecommuting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of data scientists in the development of analytical models using statistical analysis, data mining, and/or machine learning.
- Lead activities around customer outreach (community of practice, platform demos, training, etc.)
- Collaborate with client to understand and recommend activities related to Data Science.
- Provide guidance and support in the development of data science platform capabilities, data quality metrics, and metadata capture.
- Evaluate alternatives for integrating legacy data sources and strategies for transactional and analytical systems to effectively share data.
- Gather, interpret, and report on operational data from a variety of data sources.
- Research, develop, implement and utilize statistical methods and strategies to address tactical and strategic problem sets, while working with a technical team and business owners.
- Monitor projects to ensure work scope, schedule, and budget are well defined and maintained.
- Coach, mentor, and motivate project team members, and influence them to take positive action for their assigned work.
- Effectively communicate project expectations and progress to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion; organize meetings and plan agenda to ensure key issues are aired and resolved.
In order to be successful in this position, we expect you to have the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or related field.
- At least 10 years related experience in data analytics performing increasingly complex data analysis and report/dashboard development, including leadership experience.
- Experience working with unstructured and structured data.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms, tools and technologies.
- Knowledge of Natural Language Processing (NLP) methods and tools.
- Experience working with Predictive Modeling tools and technologies.
- Knowledge of Visualization tools and technologies including Power BI.
- Proven ability to analyze data, identify patterns and draw insights.
- Excellent analytical skills, organizational abilities and problem solving skills.
- Experience leading teams towards a common goal of successful project completion on schedule.
- Self-starter who works efficiently in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Strong written and oral communication and collaboration skills.
- Team player, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a government clearance.
Desired / Preferred Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience in the use of Scrum and Agile methodology and processes.
- Experience supporting Department of Veterans Affairs or other federal organizations.
- Prefer clinical data analytics and/or informatics experience.
- Experience working with Databricks, Azure Machine Learning, R, and Python.