Product Marketing Manager
New Visions for Public Schools · New York, NY
Who We Are
New Visions for Public Schools is an established 30 year partner to New York City public schools, who has continuously worked alongside key leaders to improve the quality of K-12 education in New York City. In the last 5+ years, New Visions has expanded digitally, building modern tools that empower leaders within schools and key influencers across the school system.
Our core product, the Portal by New Visions, is a web-based, enterprise school management application, used by mentors and leaders within schools and across the school system. The application consolidates essential student data into a modern web interface, surfacing key indicators related to student progress. It highlights critical areas where attention is needed on the student level, and contextualizes that information across a school or network of schools.
We're looking for a thoughtful and passionate Product Marketing Manager to join our team. You will work directly with product managers, designers, and stakeholders to solve the most complex problems in urban K-12 education, and with our communications team to professionalize the way we communicate our work and impact.
This is an exciting opportunity to have an impact on a mission-driven organization, founded in equity, with ambitious goals to influence a long-established industry. In this role, you will join the product team to help evangelize data-driven marketing best practices across the organization and participate in solving complex problems for a scaling enterprise application.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about mission-driven product work that has a tangible impact on opportunities and outcomes for young people.
- You are able to collaborate to achieve the best outcomes and also work independently to propose new ideas and solutions to problems.
- You are dedicated to continuous improvement, seeking-out opportunities to develop your skill set and share what you learn with your teammates.
- You are clear in articulation of intent and goals, and you know how to use data and research to measure the success of your work.
- You are excited about public service and the prospect of solving problems that are challenging and affect urban schools everywhere.
What You’ll Do
- Become an expert in the product, key verticals, and user types
- Use analytics tools to identify user segmentations and develop targeted outreach strategies
- Implement marketing strategies to increase user awareness and engagement, and ideate new and creative ways to deepen the product’s relationship with its users
- Analyze and report on the impact of marketing initiatives
- Build and operationalize the way we deliver product releases to our users
- Partner with Product Design and Communications teams to evolve product branding in alignment with organizational branding
- Partner with internal teams to create visual assets and content to tell a consistent and compelling story about our product and its outcomes (i.e. demo/pitch decks, etc.), and to support the onboarding and consistent usage of the product (i.e. training decks, help guides and other documentation)
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years of professional experience in developing marketing strategies for web applications
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience launching products to drive measurable success
- Experience leveraging analytics platforms to provide product and user insights
- Relevant experience in data analysis, product marketing, product development
- Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment, rallying different teams around shared goals
- Experience building and managing Email campaigns using marketing platforms
- Ability to communicate technical products in easy to understand formats
Nice to Have
- Experience with user research
- Experience crafting positioning and messaging for mission-driven organizations
- Knowledge of NYC public school system and educator pain points and needs
New Visions for Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer.