Infrastructure Security Engineer
The Democratic National Committee · Remote (USA)
Public Service & Civic EngagementPosted 2 months ago
Google Cloud Platform
The Democratic National Committee’s Tech team is hiring an Infrastructure Security Engineer to help run our internal security initiatives. We are looking for an experienced security engineer to work with our Engineering and IT teams to build systems that improve our security posture for our employees.
In this role, you will secure dozens of existing technologies across both the enterprise and production environments. You’ll find yourself securing multiple systems such as mail, networks, Splunk, AWS, GCP, JAMF/ABM (for Mac support), security monitoring systems, laptops like Macs and Chromebooks, MDM tools, Splunk, and identity and access management integrations.
Additional useful experience: end-user training, NIST Cybersecurity Framework (or equivalent), risk management, zero-trust networks, threat modeling, vendor security assessments, and remote staff provisions.
The Tech team is a small, diverse team that develops and supports the technology used by candidates and organizers in all 50 states and all 3,413 counties across the United States to analyze data, organize campaigns, raise money, and get out the vote on election day.
But there’s more to do. So we’re hiring product managers, engineers, researchers, designers, security experts, IT professionals, and data scientists who can use user-centered design and rapid iteration to develop a rich technology ecosystem for progressives—building tools ourselves as well as partnering with other companies and organizations.
Do You Want To...
- Secure the future of our country? Right now a lot is at stake in our country and our team has a huge opportunity to make a real difference.
- Work with amazing people? We’re building a diverse, distributed team, hiring the best people we can wherever they are—alumni from past Presidential campaigns working out of DC and New York, experienced product developers from the SF Bay Area, and more.
- Never stop learning? There are people who know about politics and people who know about technology and a few who have figured out some things about how to combine the two, but we are blazing a lot of new trails and you should be comfortable exploring and learning from everyone you can.
- Partner with our IT team, software developers and staff to improve our overall security posture;
- Implement tools to detect security issues at affecting our organization, and to remediate as necessary;
- Provide actionable metrics to keep the us on track and to prioritize work;
- Evolve our IT systems to have a bias toward security by design, not bolted on.
We are looking for a hands-on security engineer who can effectively advocate for security measures and to help us evolve our IT systems in light of the current threat landscape. We're looking for a broad array of technical and soft skills, but we recognize that people will have areas of concentration.
We don’t require previous experience in politics. If you are coming from industry, however, be aware that some things are different in the world of politics: while we've done some budget hacking so we can be competitive when it comes to salaries we know we can’t beat Google or Facebook. On the other hand, you might legit help save the world.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.