The Democratic National Committee · Remote (US)
Public Service & Civic EngagementPosted 2 weeks ago
Google Cloud Platform
The Democratic National Committee’s Tech Team is hiring a Systems Administrator to help manage our systems. We’re looking for someone with previous experience across a number of technology domains.
In this role, you will curate dozens of existing technologies across both the enterprise and production environments. Previous experience managing multiple systems will be helpful, such as mail, networks, Splunk, AWS, GCP, JAMF/ABM (for Mac support), security systems, and identity and access management integrations. Experience with JAMF Pro, OKTA, security concepts, standards, and technologies will also be a big plus.
Who we are...
The Tech team is a small, diverse team that develops and supports the technology used by candidates and organizers in all 50 states and all 3,413 counties across the United States to analyze data, organize campaigns, raise money, and get out the vote on election day.
But there’s more to do. So we’re hiring product managers, engineers, researchers, designers, security experts, IT professionals, and data scientists who can leverage user-centered design and rapid iteration to develop a rich technology ecosystem for progressives—building tools ourselves as well as partnering with other companies and organizations.
Do you want to…
Secure the future of our country? Right now a lot is at stake in our country and our team has a huge opportunity to make a real difference?
Work with amazing people? We’re building a diverse, distributed team, hiring the best people we can wherever they are—alumni from past Presidential campaigns working out of DC and New York, experienced product developers from the SF Bay Area, Product Managers and Data Scientists from the midwest, and more.
Never stop learning? There are people who know about politics and people who know about technology and a few who have figured out some things about how to combine the two, but we are blazing a lot of new trails and you should be comfortable exploring and learning from everyone you can.
- Identify our biggest technology opportunities for our corporate and production environments, then work with internal and external teams to plan, design, implement, and deploy new systems to meet them.
- Manage long-term projects from start to finish, ensuring the day to day tasks lead to the desired outcome.
- Provide metrics and reports on team efforts, and strengthen the team's ability to triage and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Communicate clearly and approach problems with curiosity and humility.
- Act as a technical lead for IT infrastructure projects, ensuring software and hardware installations follow industry and institutional best practices.
- Oversee the maintenance, and support of a diverse server infrastructure. Manage security infrastructure (such as firewalls, intrusion detection systems (IDS), endpoint detection and response (EDR) clients, and security information and event management (SIEM) systems).
- Able to maintain and support such infrastructure to ensure infrastructure is free from vulnerabilities and is updated to ensure protection against zero-day and nation state threats.
- Monitor and report on infrastructure uptime and performance.
- Develop alerts on infrastructure uptime, performance, and security and be able to respond to such alerts via e-mail or PagerDuty.
- Take part in an on-call rotation to ensure our staff all around the country can do their jobs at all times.
- Contribute to our DevOps team, assisting to automate deployment practices, and ensure security best practices are maintained throughout an agile development process.
- Quickly and effectively triage and resolve support requests utilizing a support ticketing system.
- Manage and support a wide range of end-user technologies such as: printers, email clients, voice over IP phones, network switchport configuration, and audio / visual equipment (projectors, speakers, TV to computer video hookups) Ensure our policies, workflows and technical information are kept up to date in our wiki.
This is a senior role on our technology team, reporting to the Senior Manager of IT Services, with a dotted line to the CSO and the rest of the security team. We’re looking for a strong technical leader, but don’t require previous experience in politics. If you are coming from industry, however, be aware that some things are different in the world of politics: while we've done some budget hacking so we can be competitive when it comes to salaries we know we can’t beat Google or Facebook. On the other hand, you might legit help save the world.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.