Senior Design Researcher
VoteTripling.org · Remote-US
We are looking to hire a Design Researcher or Senior Design Researcher to work closely with our Civic Engagement Partnerships team as we refine and further scale our two vote-tripling tactics to boost voter turnout in partnership with leading voter engagement groups. The Design Researcher or Senior Design Researcher will play a critical role working with national, state, and local partners to optimize our existing tactics so that they produce more net votes by making those products (a) higher impact and (b) easier for our partners to implement at scale.
As a Design Researcher/Senior Design Researcher, you will play a crucial role in optimizing and improving our two existing tactics to foster their widespread adoption in the progressive ecosystem. Your responsibilities, in partnership with the Civic Engagement Team, include (but are not limited to):
- Creating a product roadmap for our existing tactics, with a priority on where we can add the most value (in terms of net votes generated) through refinements; build team-wide consensus around roadmap for product improvements
- Developing feedback loops in our products, in collaboration with our execution partners, to constantly evaluate their effectiveness
- Designing experiments to test the effectiveness of product refinements
- Determining the right metrics to track and optimize - as well as ways to measure those metrics - to ensure we are solving real problems for our users
- Conducting user interviews to ensure our products are meeting users’ needs
- Developing systems to ensure our products are culturally competent and can be deployed effectively in all types of communities
- Writing, editing, and publishing reports and write-ups about our work
- Working with our civic engagement team (who work hand-in-hand with partners to ensure their success in implementation) to translate the results of our research into tangible & actionable next steps, including designing new tools and training materials for users
- Working with our civic engagement team on partner implementations of new experiments
Los Angeles or a remote candidate who can travel to Los Angeles every 2-4 months
**Please note that due to the nature of our work we are unable to hire any individuals who aren’t US Citizens or who don’t currently have green cards.**
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILL SETS, & VALUES
- 3 - 8+ years of experience in human-centered design, user research, or design strategy
- Experience managing complex projects and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with contemporary research, design and prototyping tools and methods
- High empathy, allowing for an ability to understand the experience of a volunteer, canvasser, and voter
- Strong communication skills demonstrated by the ability to write and speak clearly (and in a way that would be accessible to lay-persons) and succinctly about experimental research and the results of that research
- Outstanding communicator.
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Organizing experience
Application due 8/20.