Senior Software Engineer - Front End (Remote)
Earnest · Remote (USA)
We will set you up with all the necessary tools to perform the job from your home office.
Earnest empowers people with the financial capital they need to live better lives.
We use technology, data, and design to:
- Build more affordable products.
- Deliver them to more people, and
- Engage through more human experiences
As a Senior Front End Software Engineer at Earnest, you’ll be building software that is revolutionizing consumer lending, automating the loan approval process, and orchestrating the transfer of billions of dollars. You will work on tools to maximize Earnest's growth while providing the best possible client experience. Our focus is on building an extensible, modern platform that allows us to move faster over time. This means we’re looking for engineers with a willingness to rethink domains from first principles and an ability to collaborate well across technical and non-technical teams. This role will report to the Director of Engineering.
On the client-side we use React/Redux for building new things and Angular for a few existing applications. On the server-side we use Node.js. We deploy services in Docker and Kubernetes on AWS. We integrate with other internal microservices (written mostly in Node.js and Scala) and store the bulk of our data in Postgres and Amazon S3.
Example Recent Projects
- Add visual regression testing to a shared React component library
- Add front-end and back-end analytics to support a new product launch
- Improve Jenkins build speed and streamline deployment process
- Create a mobile-first new product based upon extensive usability testing and collaboration with designers
Ideal background and expertise:
- A desire for clean, well organized CSS
- An understanding of how the web works and ability to weigh the pros and cons of different implementations or architecture decisions
- Interest in things that make us work better as a team, such as developing shared tooling and maintaining web best practices
- Familiarity with technologies such as Node.js, Docker is preferred
- Experience with responsive web development and mobile-first designs are a plus
- Experience working with Design and Product team members is a plus
Earnest Perks & Benefits:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Tuition reimbursement program
- $1000 travel on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world and 25 days of annual PTO
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetics, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.