Lead CI/CD DevOps Engineer
Trove · Brisbane, CA/Remote
About Trove Recommerce
Recognized in 2020 by FastCo as one of the world's most innovative companies, Trove powers resale for the world's most inspired brands and retailers. We provide brands with the technology and logistics to own the secondary market for their products. With our white-label capabilities, our partners reap the rewards of managing their own resale market by accelerating long-term revenue, increasing customer loyalty, gaining new customers and boosting store and site traffic. Resale is a revenue and customer engagement opportunity growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 21 times the rate of traditional retail. We power in store and online retail for leaders such as Patagonia, REI, Eileen Fisher, Arc’teryx, and Levi's.
About the Lead CI/CD DevOps Engineer Role
As a Lead Continuous Integration/Continuous Development DevOps Engineer at Trove, you’ll play a critical role in defining, automating and leading our Release and DevOps teams toward a true CI/CD Software Development Life Cycle. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, and support of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery Pipelines for various software engineering teams and applications. You’ll thrive in this role if you are open to fast pace development and willing to learn about and work with cutting edge technologies.
You will be successful at Trove in this role if you...
- Are passionate about delivering well-built software at startup speeds
- Are curious, communicative, and have conviction, yet flexible
- Have a high sense of accountability, and love big challenges
- Hold yourself and others to high technical standards (design, architecture, and implementation)
- Have a healthy capacity to both accept and provide criticism
- Are humble, diligent, and have a sense of humor
- Are collaborative and inclusive
- Application Monitoring and troubleshooting
- Monitoring and building container workloads at scale
- Maintaining and building infrastructure with tools like Terraform or CloudFormation
- Automating CI/CD pipelines
- Overseeing code deployments and migrations
As for necessities, you have...
- Have experience working within automation focused culture -- in unit testing, BDD, CI/CD
- Have a strong desire to mentor developers and actively promote best practices
- Have experience building and supporting automated releases in production
- Have experience supporting enterprise systems
- Have experience designing and implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery systems.
- Have strong experience with one or more modern development frameworks, including integrating test automation
- Strong communication skills and customer-centric attitude, including a passion for documenting internal processes
- Have strong experience and desire to lead projects and oversee others’ work.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience with cloud provisioning tools like Terraform or Cloud Formation
- Experience running container workloads at scale
Bonus points if you have...
- Have experience in AWS services such as S3, SNS & SQS, Redis ElastiCache
- Have experience working with Node/React applications
- Have experience working with Bitbucket API & pipelines.
- Read books, blogs, and attend conferences to improve your craft
- Know how to work with relational databases at scale
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company but we don’t want to stop there. We strive to be an anti-racist company and we believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our full potential. At Trove we are building a company where we are not only proud of our mission, but how we are pursuing it. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status and we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.