Trove · Brisbane, CA/Remote
About Trove Recommerce
Recognized in 2020 by FastCo as one of the world's most innovative companies, Trove powers resale for the world's most inspired brands and retailers. We provide brands with the technology and logistics to own the secondary market for their products. With our white-label capabilities, our partners reap the rewards of managing their own resale market by accelerating long-term revenue, increasing customer loyalty, gaining new customers and boosting store and site traffic. Resale is a revenue and customer engagement opportunity growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 21 times the rate of traditional retail. We power in store and online retail for leaders such as Patagonia, REI, Eileen Fisher, Arc’teryx, and Levi's.
About the DevOps Engineer Role
At Trove, we take pride in putting out a great product built on solid craftsmanship. Our DevOps engineers work very closely with the application teams on infrastructure and automation needs. As a DevOps Engineer you will maintain our AWS infrastructure through code (terraform and ansible), work with partners to wire sites together, automate and build tools to support applications and the team, and provide real-time monitoring of production-load applications.
You will be successful at Trove in this role if you...
- Are passionate about delivering well-built software at startup speeds
- Are curious, communicative, and have conviction, yet flexible
- Are service-oriented and enjoy working with diverse stakeholders
- Have a high sense of accountability, and love big challenges
- Hold yourself and others to high technical standards
- Have a healthy capacity to both accept and provide feedback
- Are humble, diligent, and have a sense of humor
- Application Monitoring and troubleshooting
- Monitoring and building container workloads at scale
- Maintaining and building infrastructure with tools like Terraform or CloudFormation
- Automating CI/CD pipelines
- Overseeing code deployments and migrations
As for necessities, you have...
- Experience with Cloud computing service offerings
- Experience in automating Linux environments using scripting languages like Python or Bash
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline automation
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- Experience running container workloads at scale
- Experience with cloud provisioning tools like Terraform or Cloud Formation
- Experience administering relational databases in the cloud: scaling, performance tuning, diagnosing bottlenecks.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills and customer-centric attitude
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively using Slack or related communication solutions
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Flexible and able to change gears and focus depending on team and company priorities
Bonus points if you have...
- Worked in a fast-paced, dynamic and highly collaborative environment
- Information Security best practices, particularly in the context of AWS
- Read books, blogs, and attend conferences to improve your craft
- Experience testing microservices
- Experience working with remote software teams
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company but we don’t want to stop there. We strive to be an anti-racist company and we believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our full potential. At Trove we are building a company where we are not only proud of our mission, but how we are pursuing it. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status and we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.