Full Stack Engineer
Trove · Brisbane, CA/Remote
About Trove Recommerce
Recognized in 2020 by FastCo as one of the world's most innovative companies, Trove powers resale for the world's most inspired brands and retailers. We provide brands with the technology and logistics to own the secondary market for their products. With our white-label capabilities, our partners reap the rewards of managing their own resale market by accelerating long-term revenue, increasing customer loyalty, gaining new customers and boosting store and site traffic. Resale is a revenue and customer engagement opportunity growing at 5 times the rate of e-commerce and 21 times the rate of traditional retail. We power in store and online retail for leaders such as Patagonia, REI, Eileen Fisher, Arc'teryx, and Levi's.
About the Full Stack Engineer(s)
Trove's team is growing fast and our Engineering team is at the center of that growth. We are seeking several Full Stack Engineers to help us build great products that power circular shopping.
At Trove, we take pride in creating great products built on solid craftsmanship.
As a member of Trove’s engineering team, you will promote and execute sound coding practices, offer and receive constructive feedback, and design solutions independently and collaboratively. You have and will hold yourself and others to high technical standards (design, architecture, and implementation). Most importantly, you will take pride in your work and recognize the accomplishments of your fellow Trovers.
You will work with a variety of stakeholders on a daily basis. But most of your time will be split between independent work and collaborating with your colleagues in engineering. We operate on a scrumban type framework, execute on lean workflows, and we continue to hone our processes.
This team builds and maintains the applications that support all of our inventory management and logistics teams. You’ll develop against the entire stack, across multiple products and develop for multiple persona per product.
You will be successful here if you...
- Are passionate about delivering well-built software at startup speeds
- Are curious, communicative, and have conviction, yet flexible
- Have a high sense of accountability, and love big challenges
- Hold yourself and others to high technical standards (design, architecture, and implementation)
- Have a healthy capacity to both accept and provide criticism
- Are humble, diligent, and have a sense of humor
As for necessities, you...
- Have 4+ years of professional experience in software development
- Have a solid knowledge of NodeJS
- Have a deep understanding of object-oriented design
- Are well versed in web technologies and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, etc.)
- Have strong experience working and integrating with APIs
- Strong understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Know your way around a UNIX shell
- Have strong experience building large scale web applications
Nice to Haves
- Have experience with an automation focused culture--in testing and build/deploy
- Experience building scalable eCommerce applications
- Read books, blogs, and attend conferences to improve your craft
- Have GraphQL experience
- Have PostgreSQL experience
- Have ReactJS experience
Our warehouse/office is located in Brisbane, CA -- two miles south of San Francisco -- and most exempt employees work onsite one day per week and remotely otherwise.
Trove is proud to be an equal opportunity company and is an affirmative action employer. We believe that diversity and gender balance will help us reach our potential. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.