Senior Software Engineer
Mozilla · Portland, OR/Remote
A lot of companies say they’re “mission-driven”. Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
The Firefox Accounts team is looking for a passionate and experienced engineer to help design, build, and maintain our scalable, high availability systems. You will be deeply involved in the technical details of implementation, as well as collaborating with the product, design, QA, and data analysis teams to determine the best way to expand our capabilities.
Firefox Accounts powers many of the services at Mozilla. We have ambitious goals and plenty of enthusiasm - come work with us and make an impact.
What You'll Get To Do
- Write clean, performant, open source, and standards compliant code
- Review code from other team members (as well as get your own code reviewed)
- Maintain effective unit tests and documentation
- Participate in stand-ups, bug triages, retrospectives, and other team meetings
- Make accurate estimates for upcoming work, communicate technical solutions effectively, and report progress
- Work on open source code and engage with Mozilla’s global community
What You Bring
- You enjoy building scalable and intuitive APIs
- You have at least 3 years developing and maintaining robust web products
- You uphold standards for quality and performance by performing code reviews, fixing bugs, creating tests, and maintaining documentation
We value a variety of voices. You don't need to check every box on this list to apply.
- Experience integrating with payment gateways; International payments a plus
- Typescript is a plus
- Experience scaling a platform to millions of users
- Are comfortable working in a diverse community spanning many regions and time zones
- Experience working with open source projects and collaboration tools
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at [email protected] to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.