Mendix Software Engineer
Energy Solutions · Oakland, CA/Remote (US)
At Energy Solutions we focus on achieving large-scale beneficial environmental impacts. And we believe that market-based programs can be a powerful force to deliver large-scale energy, carbon, and water-use savings. For 26 years we’ve harnessed that power to offer proven, performance-based solutions for our utility, government, and institutional customers.
Energy Solutions is currently seeking a mid-level Software Engineer with Mendix experience to join our Information Systems team to design, develop, and maintain software systems that support the distribution of incentives for clean energy technologies reporting systems. You will bring deep technical expertise and a team-oriented approach to bear as you implement systems that meet the needs of our clients as well as the energy and cost savings goals of the programs we support. This unique position is perfect for individuals with technical prowess that want to have an impact on energy efficiency markets and greenhouse gas reductions through our work for major North American utilities and other clients around the country.
Mendix is an application development platform using a model-driven development approach. Mendix enables developers to create applications ranging from simple web apps to complex multi-channel, microservice-based applications in a fraction of the time it takes using traditional programming languages. The visual development environment presents UI, logic, and data models in a way traditional developers and members of business lines alike easily understand. In addition, the openness and extensibility of the platform enables you to add additional functionality using your existing programming skills.
Energy Solutions has a remote-friendly work environment for staff located throughout the United States. We also have offices in Oakland and Orange, California as well as Boston, Massachusetts for those that wish to work from one of our offices.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams using agile principles to deliver solutions that make a positive impact on the business
- Collaborating with business partners throughout the application development lifecycle to prototype, create, iterate, and deploy apps
- Helping business developers to create and maintain apps with quality and consistency by using your existing programming experience to share best practices
- Designing scalable application architectures to support new business models and products
- Building apps using low-code development tools
- Extending low-code development tools and applications by coding reusable front-end components and back-end integration modules
- Collaborate with python/Django software engineers to build or use APIs to exchange data between the apps and other software systems.
- Developing automated tests and training QA staff to execute automated tests.
- Reviewing functional requirements and drafting implementation plans
- Working with internal clients to debug, reproduce, document, and fix support problems for production systems
- Performing code reviews on colleagues' contributions to the codebase.
- Participating in agile ceremonies such as standup meetings and pointing discussions.
- Bringing technical analysis to discussions with internal clients, project managers, and other software engineers.
- Experience building production systems using Mendix: 3-5 years.
- A bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science and 3-6 years of relevant experience, or master’s degree in a related field. Candidates exhibiting 5 or more years of work experience using related technologies are also encouraged to apply.
- Experience with relational databases including MySQL, SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle or similar
- Ability to communicate and facilitate technical discussions between business analysts, traditional software engineers, product owners, Mendix developers, and others.
- Experience with Mendix Application Testing Suite (ATS) a plus
- Experience with Python and Django or similar stacks a plus
- Energy related professional experience is a plus
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous retirement package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
For more information about Energy Solutions, please visit us on our website at www.energy-solution.com.
Information necessary to complete background checks and drug screens is required. Permanent authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. EOE