Senior Software Engineer - Data Visualization
Grand Rounds Health · Remote (USA)
Health & Well-BeingPosted 4 months ago
Test Driven Development
Why Data @ GRH:
Grand Rounds Health’s Data Engineering team builds data as a product. As a member of the team, you’ll collaborate with every area of the business to fuel insight, grow the business, and unlock insights. You’ll make our data simple for users by building robust data pipelines, modeling domains and data, and implementing data best practices. The data products that you ship will improve patient outcomes, deliver savings to employers, and change how healthcare is delivered.
The Data Visualization team is the subteam of Data Engineering that pairs with our Executive team and senior leadership to solve business problems with data. We work with leaders to understand their biggest challenges, and then we model their domain. We instrument business units with high-level executive views, and then design the next level views with more detailed explanations of why an area is performing the way that it is. The team leverages SQL, Spark, Airflow and Looker to generate data products. This is not a BI team; it’s a team of motivated problem-solving software engineers that gravitate toward high impact and high ambiguity problems. Engineers on this team communicate directly with executives, build data pipelines, work side by side with the Data Modeling team, instrument telemetry in the product stack and everything in between.
You’re a great fit for the team if:
- You believe that the best way to learn how something complex works is to roll up your sleeves and dive right in
- Working on cross functional teams brings out the best in you
- You think about building products as instrumenting a funnel and then optimizing that funnel for the conversion event at the bottom of the funnel
- You’re comfortable doing the first design of a solution and quickly putting something out there to get everyone else’s creative thinking skills going
- When you or the team doesn’t know what to do, you bias toward action
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with analysts, data scientists, engineers and leadership to deeply understand business problems and be a guiding voice in architecting the solutions
- Build and maintain high-performance, fault-tolerant, secure, and scalable distributed software systems
- Lead development of various projects and capabilities of the insights platform
- Gather requirements and work cross functionally across internal teams
- You have 7+ years professional experience as a software developer
- Experience with open-source big data frameworks (Spark, Hadoop), data warehouses (BigQuery, RedShift), Databases (MySQL, Redis) and visualization tools (Looker, D3.js, Chart.io)
- You show strong experience using TDD in a production environment
- You have proficiency with cluster management and parallel processing
- You have experience with SQL, relational databases and ETL techniques
- Experience with data modeling and metadata management is highly desirable
About Grand Rounds Health, Doctor On Demand and Included Health:
Grand Rounds Health, Doctor On Demand and Included Health merged in 2021 to form the first of its kind integrated virtual care company to raise the standard of healthcare. Our personalized, longitudinal care services include primary care, specialty care, integrated behavioral health, everyday and urgent care, chronic condition management and prevention and 24/7 triage. We get members to the right care, at the right time through ongoing clinical navigation, expert medical opinions and care coordination.
Partnering with leading employers and health plans, we deliver unparalleled, end-to-end care. Our combined nationwide practice of dedicated clinicians and innovative data science and technology platforms provide better care experiences, better member satisfaction, and better outcomes and cost savings for our nearly 100 million covered lives across commercial, Medicare and Medicaid.
Headquartered in San Francisco, the combined company has been recognized as a 2020 UCSF Digital Health Award winner for Employer Wellness and 2021 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and Biopharma™ by Great Place to Work and Fortune. Learn more at www.grandrounds.com and www.doctorondemand.com.
Grand Rounds Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.