Quality Assurance Engineer
Landed, Inc. · San Francisco, CA
Poverty Alleviation & Economic Development
$110000 - $126000 Per YearPosted 1 month ago
Join us on our mission to help essential professionals build financial security near the communities they serve. Landed supports essential professionals on the path to homeownership by providing a personalized team that includes a partner agent and a Landed homebuying expert. We help families navigate all of their options for buying a home, including our own shared equity down payment program. Our team provides free homebuying education and guidance as well as competitive offer reviews for educators. Landed works with K-12, college, and university employees in expensive metro areas like San Francisco, Seattle, Denver, Los Angeles, San Diego, and Hawaiʻi.
Helping great essential professionals become homeowners keeps them in the classroom and improves student outcomes. That's why our down payment program is financially supported by organizations like the DRK Foundation and the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, who share our commitment to helping educators live near the communities they serve. Recent press coverage of our work can be found in The New York Times, Forbes, NPR, and The Wall Street Journal. You can learn more about us at www.landed.com.
Our team has four core values that guide our decisions:
Act with humility. Find what's fair. Prioritize the human. Own your growth. As an engineering team, we scale empathy by living deeply into our values and cultivating a world-class community of engineering practice that invests in high-quality code to discover and scale value.
About the Role:
Landed has three complex engineering challenges: (1) automated property valuation and underwriting at scale, (2) moving significant sums of money securely with extremely high fidelity, and (3) building an amazingly delightful experience for our customers, agents, lending partners, and business owners. Our frontend leverages React-NodeJS and a growing library of shared components. Our backend leverages Django, which helps us iterate quickly as new products and customer verticals enter our system and change over time.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will...
- Conduct manual QA testing of new and existing products, performance and end to end product for Landed's customer and internal-facing tools on various browsers and tools
- Develop test scenarios and test cases based on business requirements and user stories
- Identify and write bug reports
- Triage and investigate bugs
- Follow up with Engineering and Product team members to see bug fixes through completion
- Review bug descriptions, functional requirements, and design documents, incorporating this information into test plans and test cases
You'll bring these strengths and skills to the role...
- You have a strong philosophy around QA and testing and know how to apply that to ensure software quality
- Excellent communication skills and passion for tough technical problems
- Attention to detail and voice of customer experience
- You have used a project management system like Jira
- You are proactive, detail-oriented and are able to work on multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
We’d be even more excited if you have...
- 1-3 years of software testing experience
- Experience testing in mobile (iOS and android) and desktop environments
- Experience with bug tracking software - experience with JIRA preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, with an ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently
- Aptitude to learn quickly and effectively
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
This is a full-time, exempt role based in San Francisco, CA, although we encourage candidates with experience working remotely to apply. The salary range for this role is $110-126K with meaningful equity at a high-profile, Series A start-up. We offer a full suite of health & wellness coverage, as well as other programs to support your professional growth, including an annual $5,000 personal/professional development budget.
We believe that in order to achieve our mission, our staff must reflect the community we serve. To achieve this, we set clear expectations of all hiring managers and host trainings to continue to build a more inclusive culture, working with consultants like People Design House to help us think through people strategy like compensation with a Equitable lens. As a community of social change-makers, we value internal story sharing of our Landed humans and what has shaped them + how colleagues can show up better for them
We are excited about all qualified applicants, and we want to be sure women, people of color, those who are economically disadvantaged, and gender diverse individuals feel encouraged to apply.