GivingData · Remote (USA)
GivingData is changing how philanthropy works
Philanthropists want to improve the world. That’s why GivingData is helping foundations improve the way they give.
With GivingData's dashboards, workflows, and collaboration tools, foundations can streamline complex processes and transform how they work with their nonprofit partners. The end result is better grants management, healthier relationships, and increased impact.
The Product Manager is responsible for GivingData’s product planning and management in partnership with team members from business development, strategy, client success, and product development. The Product Manager is responsible for gathering and prioritizing requirements for the product, shaping the product vision, and ensuring the company’s business goals are supported by the product.
Objectives & Responsibilities
This is a leadership position that oversees all activities of the product management department and team and that reports to the CEO. As a cross-functional role, the Product Manager is expected to work in close collaboration with other department leaders to translate product needs into requirements and user stories, and build the business case to drive consensus to promote product goals. A key responsibility is efficient product road-mapping, product planning, prioritization, and management of an agile product development process. Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with team leaders to develop, define and oversee product roadmap, and oversee the sprint planning process. Work with the Leadership Team to prioritize development of product features that are aligned with company goals and client needs.
- Work with SVP, Strategy, SVP, Business Development, Sr. Director of Business Development, Dir. of Marketing and Sr. Director of Client Success in support of the development of marketing, lead generation, and sales strategies.
- Engage with Client Success Managers and clients to seek feedback on the product and gain insight into changing needs of the market.
- Manage the Product Feature Development Portfolio, Product Roadmap and Product Features projects in Asana.
- Work with VP of Product Development to manage Sprint projects in Asana.
- Oversee maintenance of the customer Knowledge Base (https://knowledgebase.givingdata.com) and other resources to enhance product usage and adoption.
- Work with senior members of the Product Development team to ensure development sprints are on schedule and to define and coordinate version release processes and timelines.
- Coordinate and run grooming meetings, including the Weekly Grooming Meeting.
- Run the sprint planning and sprint retrospective meetings.
- Continually assess market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products, and identify opportunities to strengthen our product positioning.
- Contribute ideas from client engagements and personal experience to GivingData product design.
- Seek out new opportunities to expand the use of GivingData among existing and new clients by advocating for its value and benefits at selected conferences, marketing events, and online platforms such as LinkedIn.
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management at software startups.
- Acted as a Product Manager previously, or have similar experience designing and implementing a product function.
- Experience scaling a product function.
- Passionate (and an expert) about product planning, customer discovery, product discovery, and product development processes.
- Great written and verbal communication.
Why join GivingData?
- We are a purpose-driven company with a goal to strengthen the work of social impact organizations
- You will benefit from the flexibility and autonomy of a remote work environment, regardless of your time zone
- We offer
- Competitive compensation with bonus payouts tied to performance
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans and optional Health Savings Account
- 401k Plan with employer match up to 4%
GivingData is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment, where we welcome and support people of varying backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives for the benefit of our company and the philanthropic community we serve. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and seek to hire qualified individuals regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, marital status, socio-economic status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.