Information Management Officer
Global Fund for Women · San Francisco, CA/New York, NY
At Global Fund for Women our vision is a world where movements for gender justice have transformed power and privilege for a few into equity and equality for all. We fund bold, ambitious, and expansive gender justice movements to create meaningful change that will last beyond our lifetimes.
The Information Management Officer is a member of the Impact & Effectiveness Team and reports to the Director of Information Management. Working closely with the Director of Information Management, the Information Management Officer contributes to the design, architecture, development, and maintenance of databases, as well as integration with other infrastructure including externally accessible web sites. Using a participatory, user-centered design approach they engage a diverse group of representative stakeholders directly in the design process. They work closely with staff at Global Fund for Women and partner organizations to ensure that evolving information infrastructures align with the relevant team’s work processes. They strive to increase efficiency of information-related processes, improve information transparency across teams, and respond to the changing conditions and context of grantmaking organizations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Salesforce Declarative Development (50%)
- Contribute to ongoing design, development and maintenance of Global Fund for Women’s internal and app-based Salesforce databases.
- Provide database customization and administration support to organizations fiscally sponsored by Global Fund for Women and to other feminist funds.
- Support skills development of database users and administrators through trainings and documentation.
- Respond promptly and respectfully to user requests for new features, bugs, navigation and reporting help, and the like. Explain and document any changes that result.
Grantmaking forms submission and correspondence (25%)
- Support members of the Impact & Effectiveness team to administer our custom and vendor-provided form submission infrastructures.
- Contribute to deeper api-based integrations of vendor-provided infrastructure into our grantmaking processes.
- Work with Grant Operations to administer and where possible, streamline, our in-house custom forms infrastructure.
- Work with Grant Operations to administer and where possible, streamline, our in-house custom correspondence infrastructure.
General database administration (25%)
- Handle basic administrative functions including security, access permissions, modification of page layouts, generation of reports and dashboards, creation of new fields and other routine tasks.
- Provide cross-team support and training on reports and dashboards.
- Gather detailed requests for improvements or changes to the system, and implement these changes as appropriate.
- Automate processes using Salesforce tools such as process builder, flow, approval processes, validation rules.
- Document customizations made in Salesforce
- Plan ahead for upgrades, seasonal releases and long term projects
- Reports to the Director of Information Management
- Constructive and effective daily working relationships within and across teams
- Support external users of our Salesforce Experience web sites and custom apps.
- Engage with Global Fund for Women’s network of vendors, donors, applicants, grantees, advisors, and consultants.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, custom views, processes, and flows
- Strong understanding of Salesforce best practices and functionality
- Demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex processes
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and manage solid working relationships
- Ability to exhibit flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- Sensitivity and appreciation for varying viewpoints and communication styles in a politically and culturally diverse environment
- Salesforce Admin (ADM201 and ADM211) certified
- Knowledge of and experience with the information infrastructures of non-profits, including fundraising platforms like NPSP or Affinaquest
- Oral and written fluency in one or more languages in which Global Fund for Women grantmaking operates (Spanish, Russian, Arabic, French)
Note that there is potential for this position to add Salesforce developer responsibilities over time. Candidates interested in moving in that direction and improving their developer skills are welcome to apply.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 3-5 years of Salesforce Admin or combined Salesforce Admin/Business Analyst experience
- Experience working in a diverse, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment
- Prior work history or partnerships with not-for-profit organizations
Global Fund for Women is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law. Women, people of color, and LGBTQI candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records