Back End Engineer - eCommerce Platform
Farmers Business Network · San Carlos, CA
Proudly Farmers First℠!
What do you get when you cross the best of Silicon Valley innovation and technology with the value driven mission of Family Farmers around the world?
Farmers Business Network, Inc. (FBN℠)!
FBN℠ was created by farmers for farmers and is on a mission to power the prosperity of Family Farmers around the world by leveling the playing field through insights, commerce and community. Our goal is to enable them to make smart business decisions that maximize their farms profit potential for generations to come, helping to ensure the fundamental economic viability and sustainability of family farms and rural communities.
We are a dynamic, and innovative AgTech company that offers competitive compensation and benefits and is backed by top investors including Google Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, DBL Partners, T Rowe Price and Temasek.
FBN is pioneering eCommerce in the agriculture space. We are building an eCommerce platform to serve the unique needs of farmers. In this role, you will:
- architect and implement back-end systems for a groundbreaking eCommerce platform
- own full feature sets and significant portions of the codebase.
- collaborate closely with product management, data science, and business leaders
- continue to push your engineering skills through complex projects and collaborations with highly experienced engineers
You are the right person for this role if you have a passion for building robust and scalable systems that tame complex problems, with an appreciation for quality and testability. Additionally, you should have:
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- excellent computer science skills
- strong track record and architectural skills for building complex backend systems
- deep expertise in a programming language such as Python / Go / Java / C++, etc
- relational database experience (e.g.: Postgres, MySQL)
- exposure to DevOps (AWS)
Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and participates in U.S. Citizenship and Immigration’s E-Verify program.