Kiwi Co · Mountain View, CA
KiwiCo is an innovative eCommerce company that sparks kids’ creativity and curiosity through offline and online materials and inspiration. We offer kids a delightful, engaging way to explore, create, and learn. Our core offering is a subscription service. We design and deliver awesome hands-on projects to kids. We also manage an e-commerce storefront and content platform. We take great pride and ownership in the products we build and in the community of parents and kids we serve. Our offices are located in Mountain View, CA. Currently, we are working remotely. As guidelines permit, we will move to our plan of hybrid, remote/in-office work.
The UX/UI Designer role:
KiwiCo is looking for a creative and strategic designer who is passionate about designing great online user experiences. Our site plays a key role in shaping a potential customer’s view of the company, and the UX/UI Designer is responsible for designing - and improving upon - any pages, features, and flows.
Responsibilities also include staying true to our design aesthetic through the visual design of the website and marketing assets. Emails, ads, and landing pages are the first touch points we have with a potential customer, and it is important for the UX/UI Designer to be able to express the KiwiCo brand across these marketing assets.
- The UX, UI, and visual design of the website by balancing the needs of our users, our design aesthetic, and the objectives of the business
- Collaborating with the Marketing/Tech teams to assess product requirements and translate them into compelling designs that optimize the user experience
- Building rapid high fidelity prototypes, landing pages, and marketing assets
- Creating iterative designs that meet project objectives and incorporate feedback, analytics, and user testing
- Confidently presenting design ideas and recommendations to the team
- Keeping abreast of current design tools, techniques, and technologies
- BA/BS degree in Design (graphic, visual communications, interaction, product, etc)
- 2-5+ years of experience in UX, UI, visual, eCommerce, brand, or marketing design
- A portfolio showcasing UX, UI, and visual design work for mobile and desktop
- Fluent in design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision
- Hands-on, “get things done” mentality. You are a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, small company environment, under pressure and working toward aggressive timelines. You can multitask and meet changing deadlines while still paying attention to details with limited resources. You have the ability to balance and productively resolve pressing demands and timelines in order to deliver against the company vision and goals.
- Resourceful and Flexible. You can see a project through from the idea stage to completion, and are willing to do whatever it takes to make it a success. You thrive in ambiguity and are comfortable with the rapid pace of change in a small, nimble team. You are an innovative thinker who can solve problems creatively but also have a strong desire to continue learning and building upon your skills.
- Great communication skills. You’re highly collaborative, can work within cross-functional teams, and are able to give and receive feedback well.
- Strong organizational skills. You’re great at keeping a project running smoothly and always keep your project files organized and available for other team members.
- Superb aesthetic skills with an impeccable attention to detail. You have a broad operating range and are able to think critically and creatively.
- Experience working at a startup
- Experience designing mobile applications and/or for eCommerce
KiwiCo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment at KiwiCo are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected category.