Software Engineer - QA Automation
Replica · San Francisco, CA/New York, NY
Replica is an enterprise data platform that delivers critical insights about the built environment. With better data, human-context and an intuitive design, Replica helps public and private sectors make informed, effective, and responsive decisions. By showing how people live, move and work, we contextualize hard choices, allowing our clients to see around corners and understand the trade-offs surrounding their decisions. Whether for a city planner increasing public transit to underserved neighborhoods or for a grocery chain evaluating where to open a new location, Replica’s insights lets clients make more informed, people-centered decisions.
We spun out of Alphabet in 2019 and recently secured series B funding from venture firms including Founders Fund, Innovation Endeavors, Sidewalk Labs, Firebrand Ventures, and Revolution’s Rise of the Rest Seed Fund. Today, we are a team of 50 employees with offices in Oakland, New York and Kansas City.
We value our customers, believe in being resourceful, and work in service of each other to scale our product. As we build our team, we are committed to pursuing and bringing together a diverse workforce and creating an environment of inclusion. We value our differences and we encourage all to apply. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, Veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
As our engineering team grows, we are looking for a QA Automation Engineer to perform debugging, define corrective actions in our systems and tracking quality assurance metrics while managing testing automation and quality in our data products. As an early member on the team, you will balance speed and quality as you build out new features for our customers. You will collaborate with engineers, research and development, and customers to enable additional methods of automating our data pipeline while ensuring alerts are triggered when known data problems occur.
- Develop, maintain and upgrade automated test scripts, utilities, simulators, data sets and other programmatic test tools required to execute test plans.
- Perform testing for total system performance, reliability, scalability, and security.
- Effectively communicate testing activities and findings through reports.
- Organize and maintain a test script library.
- Technologies: PostGIS, geopandas, Big Query, Python, Cron, datadog.
- 2+ years of experience working with QA automation engineering projects.
- 3+ years as a QA automation engineer.
- Efficiency with automation and tooling languages like python to build reusable components/tools.
- Experience with Test Automation tools such as Cypress, Selenium, TestNG, Jmeter, Junit.
- Proven experience working with data pipelines at scale and knowledge of common big data frameworks, such as hadoop/bigquery.
- Experience with common geo format (e.g., geojson, geodatabases like postgresql/postgis) is a plus
- We work in the service of others
- We understand that talent + diversity + curiosity + relentlessness wins
- We believe walking > talking
- We operate with thoughtful urgency
- We communicate openly and directly
- We build products people use
- Our people! We work as a team and are excited to contribute to city planning
- Competitive salary based on experience and potential for impact
- Equity at an early stage startup
- Health benefits including medical, dental, vision, FSA and HSA options
- 401k account + employer contribution
- Offices in Oakland, Kansas City, & New York City
- Flexible PTO
Replica is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Ability to operate at both a strategic/conceptual level and at a detailed, operational level metrics driven; highly disciplined
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, maturity and good judgment and be capable of communicating with a diverse range of individuals
- A hands-on, action-oriented approach that fits well with the entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture
- Engaging leadership style that builds and sustains credibility with colleagues, clients and other stakeholders
- Broad functional experience in areas of strategic planning and marketing, sales and market development and planning
If you don't think you meet all of the criteria above, but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join the team.