Center for Community Alternatives · Syracuse, NY
Job Summary: The Data Analyst manages development and implementation of data reporting and analysis systems for multiple program areas of the agency. As such, this position provides technical assistance, support and quality assurance to CCA program managers and staff in order to facilitate achievement of programmatic and budgetary goals. This is accomplished by (1) regular review and interpretation of data (2) helping to manage data collection processes and (3) assuring accurate dissemination of program and agency performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
In conjunction with other Program Quality Improvement (PQI) staff and program managers, design and maintain internal program reporting systems (including dashboards and visualizations) that provide timely and accurate information on program performance and operations. The Data Analyst will primarily use CCA’s Quick Base databases but will also use Excel and funder databases for some reporting formats.
- Collaborate with program managers to complete monthly, quarterly, and annual reports required by funding agencies.
- Provide program managers customized data analysis upon request.
- Analyze, evaluate and interpret data collected by CCA programs and effectively communicate trends (positive or negative) to managers. Work with managers to address negative trends.
- Identify and resolve data discrepancies between CCA’s database and databases required by funding agencies.
- Ensure that all processes (forms, procedures, database infrastructure, etc.) are in place when funding agencies change program reporting requirements or when new contracts are awarded.
- In conjunction with the PQI Director, train program managers, program staff and data entry staff to use reports and dashboards as tools to input data and to monitor and manage programs.
- Conduct regular quality assurance activities including chart reviews, data validity checks, data quality reviews and reviews of data entry processes
- Present program performance data quarterly at internal Grants Management Meetings.
- Travel to other CCA’s offices several times per year.
- Develop/utilize Quickbase building skills in order assist with database development, design, building and maintenance when appropriate.
- Participate in in-service and outside training.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- One-two years’ experience in non-profit social services in a similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in social sciences, public administration, business, computer science, information technology, statistics, or other related areas.
- Familiarity with and ability to use online Customer Relationship Management platforms. Exposure to Quickbase is a strong plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office including very strong Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, critical-thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to write in clear, succinct and complete sentences.
- Excellent organizational, time management skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Valid NYS driver’s license and access to registered and insured vehicle required.
- Travel to out of town/state conferences and/or meetings and other CCA offices.
- Commitment to and experience in working with adults with diverse cultural backgrounds who are involved with the criminal/juvenile justice system. Relevant personal experience in terms of recovery and/or justice involvement, a plus.
- Some familiarity with statistical analysis software packages and/or SQL.
- Experience building or maintaining MS Access or other relational databases.
- Some familiarity with data visualization platforms such as Power BI and Tableau.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish.)
Direct Supervisor: Director, Program Quality Improvement and Compliance Officer
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT COVER LETTER WITH RESUME.
115 E. Jefferson Street
Syracuse, NY 13202
Fax: (315) 471-4924
Email: (in MS Word format) [email protected]
CCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We seek talented, dedicated individuals who possess a strong commitment to CCA’s mission, including those with relevant personal experience in terms of recovery and/or justice involvement.