Evolent Health · Remote (USA)
It’s Time For A Change…
Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving power that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, testing ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely. We have seen about 30% average growth over the last three years. Are we recognized? Definitely. We were named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019 and are proud to be recognized as a leader in driving important Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) efforts: Evolent achieved a 95% score on its first-ever submission to the Human Rights Campaign's Corporate Equality Index; was named on the Best Companies for Women to Advance List 2020 by Parity.org; and we publish an annual Diversity and Inclusion Annual Report to share our progress on how we’re building an equitable workplace. We recognize employees that live our values, give back to our communities each year, and are champions for bringing our whole selves to work each day. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Evolent Health is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join a team of highly skilled cross-functional experts to support our overall software development and related Azure infrastructure engineering activities. On this team you will work directly with our larger Agile organization and will have a degree of autonomy to collaboratively learn, plan, design, implement, and operate modern best practices in DevOps. Strong candidates will be comfortable working with full-stack software and Microsoft server architectures and be able to implement and support infrastructure setup, deployment automation (continuous integration and delivery), configuration management, and related tools integration or development.
DevOps best practices implementation
- Research, evangelize, and implement best practices and tools for DevOps, continuous integration, build automation, deployment automation, site reliability engineering (SRE) and configuration management
- Setup, maintenance, and administration of application lifecycle management tools, such as GitHub and Azure DevOps
- Develop software solutions to support DevOps tooling such as infrastructure automation (IaC) and CI/CD pipelines
- Participate in the full systems life cycle with solution design, development, implementation, and product support using Scrum and other agile practices
- Help design cloud architecture and consult in migrating legacy data center components into cutting edge cloud solutions
Server setup, configuration, and support
- Build, create, migrate, and troubleshoot engineering cohort of servers in new and existing development, test, and production environments
- Work with data center provider to ensure server availability after OS, malware or virus protection patching
- Script and use cloud, server and application monitoring tools
- Work with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) technologies to automate provisioning, scaling and optimizing of cloud resources
Actively maintain collaborative team relationships
- Assist with tier 2 and 3 support for server and network environment issues as the go-to technical person for server or network issues, supporting the Service Operations team
- Understand Evolent’s application architecture in order to provide support for troubleshooting and application issue resolution
- Work with application development teams to make recommendations to enhance the stability, availability, performance and security of Evolent application assets
The Experience You’ll Need (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree required (prefer Computer Science or Engineering emphasis)
- 2-5 years of experience in the job offered or a related DevOps or engineering position
- Extensive experience with deployment automation, PowerShell, Python, Bash or other scripting languages.
- Hands-on experience working in Azure or AWS or Google Cloud and knowledge of cloud architecture
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- Self-organizing Agile teams
- SOA architecture, configuration optimizing, and administration for Microsoft Windows Server, IIS, and SQL Server products in both OLAP and OLTP environments
- Microsoft PaaS solutions including App Services, Azure Functions & CosmosDB
- Supporting production operations for a medium to large data center
- Server and application monitoring tools and scripting such as Zabbix, AppInsights and Azure monitor
- Troubleshooting, isolating, and remediating server availability and performance issues
- Deployment tools (e.g. Microsoft Release Management, UrbanCode Deploy, Chef, Puppet etc.)
- Version control with TFS, Git, GitHub
- Build automation with TFS, TeamCity, Webpack
- Application development using Entity Framework, AngularJS, and Bootstrap
- Designing and implementing high performing and scalable SQL Server environments
- Application and server security configuration, testing, and vulnerability remediation
- Supporting IIS/NGINX web application clustered environments
- Supporting SQL Server high-availability environments
- Windows clustering and federation
Currently, Evolent employees work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19. As such, we require that all employees have the following technical capability at their home: High speed internet over 10 MBPS and, specifically for all call center employees, the ability to plug in directly to the home internet router. These at-home technical requirements are subject to change with any scheduled re-opening of our office locations.
Evolent Health is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.