Director of Software Products
Energy Solutions · Oakland, CA/Orange, CA/Boston, MA/Remote
At Energy Solutions we focus on achieving large-scale beneficial environmental impacts. And we believe that market-based programs can be a powerful force to deliver large-scale energy, carbon, and water-use savings. For 26 years we’ve harnessed that power to offer proven, performance-based solutions for our utility, government, and institutional customers.
Energy Solutions is currently seeking a Director of Software Products to lead our Information Systems team to define and deliver tools, applications, and software product capabilities that support Energy Solutions’ evolving business needs. While Energy Solutions does not sell software, we develop reusable software solutions to support programs in energy efficiency, distributed energy resources and more. As the Director you will bring deep technical expertise and a team-oriented approach to bear as you lead the development of software products and enterprise applications that meet the needs of our clients as well as the energy and cost savings goals of the programs we support. You will also drive the operational and planning processes for the team including: build vs. buy analysis, software scoping and estimating, hiring and resource allocation.
This unique opportunity is perfect for individuals with technical prowess that want to have an impact on energy efficiency markets and greenhouse gas reductions through our work for major North American utilities and other clients around the country.
Responsibilities and task areas include but are not limited to:
- Oversee day-to-day management, and successful delivery of a portfolio of software products and enterprise applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to collect and translate requirements into well designed solutions
- Create and prioritize strategic roadmaps and develop operational plans to ensure project execution aligns with scope, schedule and budget
- Ensure data security requirements and compliance initiatives are layered into all software projects
- Provide technical guidance to ensure design requirements meet usability, accessibility, scalability and reliability requirements
- Continually assess and improve existing processes and develop new methods to scale as the company grows
- Work with Operations team to validate project plans, resource capacity allocation and forecasting
- Build, cultivate and grow an experienced team of problem-solvers, designers and collaborators
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in software products management or product development leadership
- At least 7 years of years of experience in a leadership role, managing a team of software product owners/managers/designers
- Bachelor’s in computer science, related technical field or equivalent technical experience
- Proven experience guiding the development of enterprise solutions focused on building core data applications and workflow
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and success in guiding successful product lifecycle processes
- Software design experience preferred (such as business and functional requirements, user interface/human factors, software design processes, focus groups, usability testing, wireframes, visual design, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Agile frameworks Scrum or Kanban management, experience with JIRA or similar ticket management software
- Strong prioritization and project management skills, including timely communication of timelines, status, and critical issues
- Experience in software demonstrations for internal stakeholders and external clients
- Experience managing multiple teams and projects simultaneously
- Have superior interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Collaborative nature and ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiasm for supporting our company’s mission
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous retirement package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
To apply for this position please visit https://energy-solution.com/company/careers/.
For more information about Energy Solutions, please visit us on our website at www.energy-solution.com.
Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background check, drug screens are required and permanent authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. EOE