Technical Project Manager (Multiple Roles)
Civitech · Remote
Public Service & Civic Engagement
$85000 - $105000 Per YearPosted 1 month ago
Civitech is a public benefit corporation dedicated to creating a fairer and more equitable democracy by building the tools and infrastructure needed to increase civic participation, empower Democratic candidates to win, and support the success of progressive causes. Since its founding in 2019, over 100 partners -- a range of nonprofit organizations, national political committees, and individual campaigns -- have utilized Civitech’s tools to reach tens of millions of voters to help create a more equitable and progressive democracy.
As we grow to achieve our mission, we’re looking to add a hands-on, technical, and mission-driven Technical Project Manager to work closely with our Engineering and Product teams. Through this job you'll help our engineers work as efficiently as possible and make an impact throughout the progressive ecosystem.
The Technical Project Manager enhances productivity, removes friction, and oversees essential processes in order to accelerate Data Engineering and Web App Engineering progress, ensuring that our tools adequately and swiftly address the needs of candidates, campaign staff, and volunteers.
It is important that our team reflects the diversity of the organizations we seek to serve. We strongly encourage women, people of color, people who identify as LGBTQ, and others otherwise underrepresented in the technology sector to apply.
What You Will Do
- Act as Scrum Master and facilitate sprints for a Scrum team;
- Own the project management approach;
- Implement project management principles, rules, and processes;
- Work with the Product Team, Leadership Team, Data Engineering Team, and Web App Engineering Team to plan and schedule software development;
- Communicate project status to ensure alignment with teams around the organization, acting as a liaison/gatekeeper between nontechnical and technical teams;
- Lead team effort in relentless improvement, define and implement improvement stories to increase the velocity and quality of engineering;
- Maintain urgency by ensuring there is strong collaboration within multiple parts of the organization who may have competing priorities;
- Participate in political events that promote, train, and/or directly use our systems.
- Certified Scrum Master or equivalent experience on a Scrum team with a goal to obtain certification while in the role;
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line;
- Experience developing processes where little exists, and demonstrated flexibility to get things done;
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience;
- Has 2+ years of expertise of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, etc.;
- Has 4+ years of industry experience in software project management;
- Has 4+ years of experience using Asana, Jira, PivotalTracker, or similar software;
- Strong understanding of agile (tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.) to analyze and improve sprint planning;
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment;
- Committed to leveraging data and software to elect Democrats and empower progressive organizations.
Additional Qualifications (desired but not required)
- Experience or expertise with the Asana project management tool;
- Experience working with teams that build software and/or data products;
- Has a Professional Project Management Certification (or similar);
- Has experience in a SaaS startup;
- Has experience in Product Management;
- Knowledge of U.S. elections administration and/or campaign operations.
Civitech is headquartered in Austin, TX. This role can work out of our Austin office or remotely from anywhere in the US.
Classification, Salary, and Benefits: Full-time, competitive salary ($85K to $105K for Austin based hires, commensurate with location and experience).
Benefits include a company health plan with medical, dental, and vision insurance; four weeks paid vacation time per year; 10 days paid sick time; and a competitive company stock option plan. Civitech is not able to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Civitech provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.