Technical Support (Remote- East Coast)
Swiftly · Atlanta, GA
Human Rights & EqualityPosted 2 months ago
Swiftly is a mission-driven company and a big data platform for transportation. The platform weaves data analytics, intuitive visualizations, and real-time predictive technologies into applications that drive smarter decisions for public transit agencies. Today, over 5,500 transit professionals in over 90 cities across the globe use Swiftly to improve transportation for over 1.5 billion passenger trips per year.
Technical Support at Swiftly
The Technical Support Representative (part of the Customer Success department) at Swiftly works to ensure customers are happy and find immense value in the tools that Swiftly provides. Technical Support partners heavily with the Customer Success Manager and others on the team to ensure that our data systems are working as smoothly and reliably as possible as this is an essential part of what allows our customers to create a great transit service for their passengers.
Technical Support is on the front line and is one of the first points of contact for customers that have questions or are encountering issues. When problems arise, we ensure that individual customers are listened to and that their issues are cared for. We apply a keen analytical eye to spot trends and communicate problems in proactive ways with the product team.
We are passionate about improving mobility in the communities we serve, and we work side by side with transit agencies and operators to ensure their projects are impactful. We love the human aspect of our work and thrive on getting creative to solve problems.
About the Technical Support Role
Swiftly now has contracts with over 100 Transit agencies, meaning we get many questions, comments, and other inquiries every day. As a Technical Support Rep, you will be our first line of defense to respond to customer inquiries. This role is remote, but we are specifically looking for a candidate on the East Coast. #LI-Remote
- Become an expert on Swiftly’s suite of solutions and assist customers on issues and concerns. Provide reliable direction to customers in both technical and non-technical terms.
- Quickly and accurately handle all levels of technical support communications, across multiple channels, precisely tracking all customer interactions via Zendesk and other tools.
- Take end-to-end ownership of issues, following through until you reach an appropriate resolution.
- Handle daily requests from customers, including account creation and providing basic product education
- Set-up, troubleshoot, and ship out GPS trackers to some of our customers: you will need to keep your own small stock of GPS trackers and associated hardware on-hand for this task; all of which, including shipping supplies, will be provided to you. You’ll be thoroughly trained on this task!
- Serve as technical support for Swiftly and assist in troubleshooting hardware issues (e.g. with GPS units) as they arise. You’ll be thoroughly trained on this, don’t worry!
- Contribute, via written content and video recordings, to our Help Center library, helping to expand our self-help resources to customers.
- Lead troubleshooting of bugs and other issues as they arise. Document and partner with Product and Engineering teams to usher through resolution.
- Investigate and solve complicated questions about data.
- Build relationships with other departments and work together to solve technical and non-technical challenges.
- Create and maintain internal and customer-facing technical support documentation and resources.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product Management, and other cross-functional peers on specific user-impacting issues
- Troubleshooting and investigating issues that arise from customers.
- Be the customer advocate! You are their eyes, ears, and heart here at Swiftly.
- You have 2+ years of experience working with Enterprise SaaS customers in a technical support capacity. (Or equivalent, transferable experience)
- Comfortable working with software and occasionally hardware (GPS units for buses)
- You have strong empathy and patience.
- You love working with customers (internal and external) and setting them up for success.
- You are a tireless investigator. When an issue arises, you own it until resolution.
- You’ve either worked in the transit or transportation industry or you have a passion for transportation.
- You hear challenges from others and have a burning desire to solve them. You stay calm and seek creative ways to deliver solutions.
- You care about communities of all sizes: large and small, rural and urban.
- You are a strong communicator and are energized by spending the day speaking with and listening to our customers.
- Experience with databases (Postgres, MongoDB and Compose) is a plus.
- Basic skills in Java, Python or SQL is a plus.
- Experience and passion for content writing (for a knowledge base) is a plus.
Beyond the Skills:
- We are looking for candidates who are passionate about mobility, sustainability, or mission-oriented projects that have a significant real-world impact. Ideal candidates encompass the core values of our company:
- Team. You’re a team player that believes in working with others to accomplish big goals.
- Communication. You believe openness and honesty underpin effective communication.
- Feedback. You’re a voracious learner. You seek and give constructive feedback to improve your practice.
- Growth. You are passionate about our work of growing the smart transit industry.
- Diversity. You cherish other perspectives and opinions.
- Impact. You regularly evaluate the return on investment to optimize for positive impact.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options for every employee
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401k with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Home office setup reimbursement
- Monthly cell/internet reimbursement
- Monthly Education Reimbursement
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible work environment
- 17 paid holidays - including 4 holidays in months without US national holidays in 2021
- 8 fully paid weeks of leave for child birth/adoption
We are a truly mission-driven culture that is set to change the world of transit
Don’t just hit the apply button. We want to hear more about you. Tell us:
- Why are you passionate about mobility?
- What interests you about Swiftly?
We are an equal opportunity employer - we are committed to a workplace that is as dynamic, diverse, and passionate as the communities we serve.
Because we work with public agencies, we participate in E-Verify.