Senior Data Analyst
Energy Solutions · Oakland, CA/Orange, CA/Remote
At Energy Solutions we focus on the big impacts. And we believe that market-based programs can be a powerful force to deliver large-scale energy, carbon and water-use savings. For 26 years we’ve harnessed that power to offer proven, performance-based solutions for our utility, government, and institutional customers.
We are looking to fill a Senior Data Analyst position on our Operations team. Operations team members focus on the operational aspects of Energy Solutions' business, freeing consulting staff up to concentrate on clients and projects. Regular job duties include monitoring budgets, tracking deadlines, communicating with and collecting information from staff, and the definition, documentation, and improvement of business processes. Team members will also develop a deep understanding of the company’s business operations tools, including our timekeeping and project management system, to support and provide training to consulting staff members. This position is an excellent opportunity for individuals interested in supporting the business operations of a growing, environmentally driven business with an established reputation and solid prospects for the future.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, maintain, and own analytical models and dashboards for internal and external clients
- Prepare reports for leadership that communicate trends, patterns, and forecasts to inform business decisions
- Translate quantitative data into visual reports for non-technical audiences and provide clear analysis of the data
- Responsible for the quality and accuracy of data analyses; work with data engineers to establish a system to flag data errors
- Develop and track key performance metrics
- Assist data engineering team in troubleshooting based upon your knowledge of the product lines and compliance requirements
- Coordinate cross-functionally across various teams to support with data analytics
- Identify areas where improvements in data analytics can bring more value to clients
- Lead the development of company best practices around data analytics, dashboarding, and reporting
- Expert at developing analytical dashboards using BI tools, preferably Tableau
- Strong proficiency with SQL or other database querying language, preferably 3+ years
- Working knowledge of building analytical models using a programming language, such as R or Python, preferably 3+ years
- Presentation MS ppt, MS office
- Capable of working independent or with non-technical managers
- Knowledge of basic data warehousing principles
- Knowledge of ETL design
- Can work with fast or changing deadlines in a fast-pace environment
- Able to navigate multiple interrelated projects
- Enthusiastic about data and analytics, learning new techniques and skills, and working with data scientists and engineers
- Technical degree preferred but not required
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous retirement package. Energy Solutions provides an excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, other pre-tax contribution plans and an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
To apply for this position please visit https://energy-solution.com/company/careers/.
For more information about Energy Solutions, please visit us on our website at www.energy-solution.com.
Information will be requested to perform the compulsory background check, drug screens are required and permanent authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment. EOE.