Software Engineer, Platform Experience
The Mom Project · Remote (USA)
You are looking for something more from your job. Maybe a bigger problem to solve with both immediate and long term impact, or perhaps you just need a mission you can believe in every day. You are scrappy and collaborative while looking to join an inclusive and supportive culture with a bias for action. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges with grace. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago & Cincinnati. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams. The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a movement that matches companies with diverse talent. This critical match drives businesses forward while expanding professional opportunities for women.
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every life stage. We believe women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other. Our commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us and our mission forward every day. We strive towards inclusion and that means everyone is comfortable bringing their authentic and best self to work every day.
- Make direct contributions and regularly push small to medium scale changes to our Ruby on Rails and React based features.
- Break down project plans into clearly defined technical tasks.
- Work with a team to deliver software iteratively.
- Actively participate in team processes, code reviews, and troubleshooting.
- Support your peers and contribute to their technical growth.
- Clearly articulate technical tradeoffs.
- Look for opportunities to improve our processes and to reduce technical debt.
- 3-5 years of experience as a software engineer.
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails.
- Experience working on a front-end framework.
- Experience leading technical projects and making trade offs with an eye for broader company/project goals.
- You are a clear and effective communicator, whether you are writing code or technical designs. You can explain complex technical issues to non-technical co-workers at the right level of detail.
- Experience building, operating and maintaining resilient, scalable distributed services is a plus.
- Experience working with AWS is also a plus.
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
- Competitive Base + Variable Comp
- Company built on Values
- Career pathing
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Family planning benefits through Progyny
- Generous PTO (that people actually use!)
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible team that will respect you, support you and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work from Home stipend
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work.