Staff Software Engineer, Back End
The Mom Project · Remote (USA)
You are looking for something more from your job. Maybe a bigger problem to solve with both immediate and long term impact, or perhaps you just need a mission you can believe in every day. You are scrappy and collaborative while looking to join an inclusive and supportive culture with a bias for action. You dig balanced startup life and can wrestle challenges with grace. You love big, interesting problems and bringing solutions to the masses while making sure it feels personal, authentic and connected. If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk.
The Mom Project is a pioneering, remote-first venture-backed startup with roots in Chicago & Cincinnati. We are backed by some of the best investors in the world and are lucky to be surrounded by an incredible team of advisors, including Serena Williams. The Mom Project is a platform and community leading a movement that matches companies with diverse talent. This critical match drives businesses forward while expanding professional opportunities for women.
Our team is growing as we push to rewrite the narrative for working women at every life stage. We believe women should be able to choose both a successful family life AND career aspirations without sacrificing one over the other. Our commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience drives us and our mission forward every day. We strive towards inclusion and that means everyone is comfortable bringing their authentic and best self to work every day.
What you'll do:
The Mom Project (TMP) is excited to find a motivated Staff Software Engineer to help the company scale to millions of users. The Core team is enabling TMP’s success by evolving the core backend systems that our entire engineering team depends on. As one of the early members of the Core team, you will play a critical role in understanding the most important problems to solve, designing scalable solutions, and ensuring that implementations are reliable and extensible.
In this level, strategic impact is expected in a combination of areas that could include multiple teams and deep technical problems. You will be successful if you solve open ended problems, deliver outstanding technical artifacts, hold the team to high standards, and exhibit technical leadership.
What you have:
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer building features that serve millions of users
- 3+ years of experience using cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure) and willingness to develop on AWS
- Regularly led and collaborated with cross functional teams of engineers organized around a particular goal
- Experienced the tradeoffs in various solutions to common software platform problems, with specific acumen for performance and security
- Supported and mentored junior, mid-level, and senior engineers
- Demonstrated success communicating cross function, working well with Product, Design, and business leadership
- Humility and a desire to take input and learn from anyone on the team
- Participated in hiring and have grown teams
- Experience in rapidly growing startups is a plus
- Excitement for our company’s mission
Why you’ll love working for TMP:
Compensation & Benefits:
- Base Compensation
- Full medical, dental, vision
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Family planning benefits through Progyny
- Generous PTO
- 401K match
Let me see those Perks, Perks, Perks!
- An incredible remote team that will support and champion your work
- Health and Wellness stipend
- Learning and Development stipend
- Work From Home Stipend
We're just getting started. Join us in building the future of work.