RepresentUs · Remote within USA
Public Service & Civic Engagement
$60000 - $80000 Per YearPosted 1 month ago
RepresentUs is the nation’s leading right-left anti-corruption organization. We bring together conservatives, progressives, and everyone in between to secure crucial victories that are defending our Republic and fixing America’s corrupt political system.
But what it means for you, potential coworker, is that you feel what we feel when you wake up every day: a strong sense of purpose that binds you to the spirit of this nation, and an overwhelming sense that you should do something about it. And you want to work with people who feel the same. RepresentUs is a carefully curated mix of seasoned political campaigners, policy wonks, advertising experts, designers, and engineers. We’re not a startup, but we’ve got startup DNA: we’re nimble, constantly learning and iterating, and we push ourselves to push the envelope—to ignore “industry standards” and set a new standard.
Democracy is for all, and at RepresentUs, so is our workplace. That's why we're an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to evolving our staff and board to reflect the full diversity of America and the communities we aim to serve. As we seek the best of the best to join our ranks, we welcome applications from all walks of life (including but not limited to BIPOC/people of color, women, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ candidates) because we know that our democracy-building work has greater impact when we center diverse backgrounds, perspectives and ideologies. Once on the team, we encourage our teammates to bring their whole selves to work. We’re continually working to increase our cultural awareness, strengthen our approach to equity, and foster a climate of inclusion in all that we do. We invite you to belong with us! Read our statement on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion here.
We have passed 124 Anti-Corruption Acts and Resolutions in cities & states across the country (and counting!) Come win with us!
Under the direction of the Content Director, the Website Manager is responsible for maintaining and constantly improving all RepresentUs web properties, ensuring our website is best-in-class and converting new and returning audiences.
The Website Manager will supervise our in-house developer, and serve as the manager or point of contact for any contract developers and vendors. They will consult and collaborate frequently with our data team, design team, marketing project managers, and content writers.
Location is flexible, and we currently allow staff to work from home during COVID-19 for safety.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Working with the Content Director to set and achieve goals for our website.
- Serving as the liaison between web development and other marketing staff.
- Monitoring, assessing, and reporting on website performance.
- Managing all developers, both staff and contractors.
- Managing web development priorities for the organization, prioritizing web requests as they come in.
- Building a roadmap for website development, working in collaboration with marketing stakeholders and developers.
- Building systems to improve content quality and freshness, user experience, and key metrics like conversion rates and pageviews.
- Managing large web development projects, gathering input from stakeholders, documenting product requirements, setting timelines and milestones, and communicating with design and development staff to execute projects on schedule.
- Managing a consistent flow of A/B tests designed to optimize our website for conversions, interaction, time on page.
- Making recommendations based on test results and implementing changes to website to improve conversions.
- Maintaining and evaluating our toolset, including testing software, CRMs, etc.
- Identifying any bugs, outdated information, or other updates needed and troubleshooting with colleagues.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated experience managing a brand's website and improving core site metrics to meet organizational goals.
- Experience as a product manager overseeing the work of at least one developer and designer, building large-scale web projects from scratch.
- Phenomenal problem-solving skills: You know when to stop, drop, and adjust the initial project requirements to meet a deadline or adapt to changing circumstances.
- Familiarity with Wordpress, ActionKit, PageSense, and other CRMs or testing platforms highly preferred.
- Expertise in Google Analytics and/or other web analytics tools.
- Experience with SEO strategies and optimizations.
- Excellent user experience and data analysis skills.
- Experience leading A/B testing programs for web or other channels.
- Experience managing budgets, contractors, and vendors.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting frequent deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, with previous experience successfully collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Excellent strategic thinking and execution skills; ability to meet goals within a complex and sophisticated landscape.
- Commitment to working beyond partisanship is required.
- Passion for RepresentUs' mission to make America work for everyone, not just the powerful and well-connected.
- This is a remote position, and candidates must have consistent access to reliable internet and phone.
RepresentUs is committed to supporting employees of varying abilities and to providing reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to thrive at RepresentUs.
The requirements of this role, related to its physical demands, described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
All employees must be able to operate a computer and use a cell phone. For roles that include frequent business travel expectations, we can discuss reasonable alternatives to travel in some instances. Most roles also require communicating with key external stakeholders of the organization in person, via the telephone, or via email. Applicants with questions about accommodations may request to speak with our ADA liaison, Ellie Collinson ([email protected]).
Essential functions of the role include:
Working from a computer for long periods of time;
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may also frequently be required to communicate using the telephone, email, and in person with stakeholders;
This position has less than 5% travel expectations and is eligible for flexible work hour arrangements.
Compensation and Benefits
We’re committed to bringing in top talent from all sectors. Accordingly, we offer competitive salaries and pretty awesome benefits, including health and dental insurance, a health reimbursement account, wellness perks, a dependent care account, a health concierge benefit, and a retirement benefit. Plus disability and life insurance.
Oh, and we have this wild idea that we’ll do better work if we have time to see our friends and families, so we get four weeks of paid vacation a year, plus personal and sick time.