Senior Visual Designer (Contractor)
Common Sense Media · San Francisco, CA - Remote OK
Common Sense (https://www.commensensemedia.org/) is the nation's leading nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of all kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in the 21st century.
Every day, millions of families turn to Common Sense for trusted advice and unbiased ratings. We offer the largest library of independent age-based and educational ratings and reviews for everything your kids want to watch, play, read, and learn. Our movie and TV ratings are available on Comcast, Apple TV, DirecTV, and many other partner networks, helping families and kids make smart media choices. Through our schools program, we provide educators with a curriculum that teaches the essential digital citizenship and literacy skills every student needs to succeed. More than 100,000 member schools across the country use our ratings and free curriculum and content. We also work with policymakers, industry leaders, and legislators to improve the media and education landscape for kids, families, and schools.
We are seeking a senior visual designer (contractor) to drive impactful creative that delivers results across brand, acquisition, and retention while keeping creative high-quality and on brand.
LOCATION: San Francisco, California; option to work remotely
REPORTS TO: VP, Design and Marketing
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work with marketers, copywriters, the brand strategist, and product designers to conceptualize and execute compelling design solutions for marketing (performance marketing, email, social media content, in-product messaging). Ensure execution meets brand and business goals.
- Design, organize, and coordinate in the preparation of digital assets for launch on email campaigns and digital marketing advertisements, website homepages, and social media campaigns.
- Create a consistent user experience across web, mobile, emails, digital ads, and social media working with product managers, product designers, and UX researchers.
- Leverage data to validate your creative instincts. Use data and insights about our community to inspire new creative concepts.
- Empathize with the user's mental model and apply principles of human-centered design and design thinking to resolve their needs.
- Manage feedback from stakeholders to analyze trade-offs effectively and iterate toward solutions.
- Contribute to the development of our style guide.
- Work closely with product managers to maintain schedules for your work.
WHAT WE NEED TO SEE ON YOUR RESUMÉ:
- 6+ years of marketing design experience in a consumer services brand, with experience in areas such as performance marketing, email, social media, digital advertising, or similar fields.
- Excellent visual design skills (including hierarchy, typography, grids, color, icons, and imagery).
- Experience developing data-driven rapid iterations in a scrum-based environment.
- In-depth knowledge of visual design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, and InVision.
- Technical skills: HTML, CSS, responsive design, email UI/UX.
THE X FACTOR:
You have a passion for great design, elegant solutions, and technology trends. You are self-directed and value collaboration as key to success. You have the skills to balance great design with short deadlines. You are a skilled communicator and relationship builder. Most importantly, you are inspired by the Common Sense mission to help kids, schools, and families thrive in a world of media and technology.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work with talented, passionate professionals.
- The opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of kids and families!
Common Sense values the diversity of its employees and is an equal opportunity employer. For more information on our values, please visit our statement on diversity, equity, and inclusion.