Marketing Copywriter (contractor)
Common Sense Media · San Francisco, CA - Remote OK
Common Sense (https://www.commensensemedia.org/) is the nation's leading nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of all kids and families by providing the trustworthy information, education, and independent voice they need to thrive in the 21st century.
Every day, millions of families turn to Common Sense for trusted advice and unbiased ratings. We offer the largest library of independent age-based and educational ratings and reviews for everything your kids want to watch, play, read, and learn. Our movie and TV ratings are available on Comcast, Apple TV, DirecTV, and many other partner networks, helping families and kids make smart media choices. Through our schools program, we provide educators with a curriculum that teaches the essential digital citizenship and literacy skills every student needs to succeed. More than 100,000 member schools across the country use our ratings and free curriculum and content. We also work with policymakers, industry leaders, and legislators to improve the media and education landscape for kids, families, and schools.
We're looking for a customer experience marketing copywriter (contractor) who is able to translate concepts into clear, succinct, and engaging copy across multichannel customer experiences. The ideal candidate excels at writing conversion-focused copy and has helped organizations increase customer acquisition and retention.
LOCATION: San Francisco, California; option to work remotely
REPORTING TO: VP, Design and Marketing
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Write compelling, clear, and strategic copy that drives business results and supports key marketing initiatives while maintaining brand voice and tone.
- Strategize with brand, product, and creative team members to anticipate problems, analyze solutions, identify alternatives, and suggest recommendations.
- Drive end-to-end execution of copy across various mediums, including emails, digital ads, web, social media, and in-product communications.
- Champion the value of consistent messaging and ensure its implementation.
- Digest performance metrics and optimize copy to ensure high performance.
- Help to evolve and define our brand voice and ongoing communication and content strategies.
- Leverage and optimize relevant resources and ensure that projects stay on task and on brief.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- 5+ years in marketing copywriting for in-house teams or agencies.
- Strong strategic and conceptual skills.
- Portfolio of cross-channel campaigns, with depth in digital marketing.
- Excellent teamwork, presentation, and client services skills.
- You have relentless curiosity and an appetite for testing, learning, and applying what you have learned.
- You are entrepreneurial in spirit and in your work: You have the ability to respond to setbacks, pivot quickly, and maintain momentum.
- You iterate based on results and have ideally done this for growth marketing campaigns.
- You have excellent writing and editing skills; your writing is concise and clear but also exudes personality.
- You have a passion for the Common Sense mission.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work with talented, passionate professionals.
- The opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of kids and families!
Common Sense values the diversity of its employees and is an equal opportunity employer. For more information on our values, please visit our statement on diversity, equity, and inclusion.