Software Engineer (Full-Stack)
Flow Labs · Oakland, CA/Remote (USA)
We’re building the world’s first Autonomous Traffic Management (ATM) platform - a single platform that plugs into connected vehicles and connected infrastructure to optimize city traffic. Our flagship product, Predictive Traffic Control (PTC), is the world’s first pure software solution for traffic signal control with proven capabilities to reduce rush hour travel times in major cities by up to 24%. We’re on a mission to eliminate congestion, improve traffic flow and give back time to everyone.
As a Software Engineer you will be building our Predictive Traffic Control (PTC) software platform as we scale our cloud-based AI platform across thousands of intersections across the US. Your work will impact millions of people each day: with better traffic signal timing we will lower travel times by up to 24%, reduce emissions by up to 20%, and enable everyone to spend more time on the things that are most important to them, with the people who are most important to them.
You will be responsible for mission-critical projects across our stack. Your role could involve any of the following:
- Building our UI and analytics front-end to help Traffic Engineers, Governments and Citizens understand what is happening on their roadways.
- Building the data infrastructure that enables us to collect, store and efficiently process traffic and mapping data for every road and every road user in the US.
- Building ultra-realistic traffic simulations based on real-world traffic data.
- Working closely with our Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers to move their models and optimization algorithms into a production environment.
- 3+ years of professional experience building and delivering production quality software systems.
- Comfortable with and experienced in a small, scrappy start-up environment i.e. highly self-sufficient with a ‘get things done’ mentality, can wear multiple hats simultaneously, willingness to take ownership.
- Professional experience with AWS
- Professional full-stack development experience
- Experience working closely with Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers
- Experience with GIS data