Leap · Remote (USA)
Public InfrastructurePosted 4 months ago
Leap’s mission is to combat climate change by enabling a reliable electric grid that runs on clean energy. The electric grid is transforming from dirty (but predictable) fossil fuels to clean (but less predictable) renewable energy. To do so, the grid needs more flexible demand and supply to help maintain stability and reliability.
Leap plays a crucial role in opening up wholesale energy markets to all distributed energy resources, enabling our partners to get paid for providing flexibility to the grid.
Leap is a privately-held tech company with funding from top VCs and well-known energy entrepreneurs. Our core operations are in the San Francisco Bay Area and Utrecht (NL), but we are a distributed workplace with teammates based in Atlanta, Boston, Boulder, Chicago, Maui, and Washington, DC.
Who are we looking for?
We are very much looking forward to meeting a Frontend Engineer who enjoys building realtime and beautiful user interfaces, and is also passionate about renewable energy.
NOTE: This is a remote Job, but we are looking for people who are located in UTC to UTC+2 timezones so that we have overlap with our US colleagues.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Are flexible and can act quickly on new insights we still get every day.
- Enjoy building user interfaces that:
- look great and show the most amazing charts/graphs
- can process many (possibly real-time) updates
- handle user interaction smoothly
- Have strong technical skills and appreciate an open discussion, but you are also perfectly capable to work independently.
- Enjoy working collaboratively in a team with a diverse group of amazingly talented and fun people.
- Have at least 1 year of experience in React and Typescript
- Yes, we are looking for a superhuman, but if you are just as chill and relaxed as the rest of us you should be fine!
What will you be working on?
- Visualizing the energy market through beautiful graphs
- Creating the most innovative and user-friendly energy bidding system
- Making sure data can be displayed and processed at the lowest latency possible
- Integration with our own API
- Making straightforward forms look like Christmas
Not sure if you are qualified?
- Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women tend to only apply only when they check every box. If you feel energized by our mission and would like to use your first-class talent to accelerate the growth of Leap but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still apply. We'd love to receive your application and see if you could be a great fit.
As a relatively young company, many design choices still need to be made. You will have a lot of freedom in selecting the most efficient frontend stack that you think works best for our purposes.
What’s it like to work at Leap?
Product: At our core we are a tech company. We love technical challenges and build things that we are proud of and would like to use ourselves. Everyone is highly involved in building and designing our products, making them extremely valuable and a pleasure to use.
Purpose: Some of us worked in energy before, some of us haven’t. All of us would like to make a difference and do our part in helping the world move towards a more resilient grid run on renewable energy.
Fun: We work hard, but enjoy our time at work as well as outside of work. With the team spread out over multiple time zones we also embraced flexibility early on, and are focused on results instead of time spent in the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.