Python Application Developer
VEIC · Winooski, VT
Develops, delivers, and maintains high-quality application solutions, software infrastructure, and analysis services to internal and external clients to enable new data-driven insights of energy efficiency program and project performance and to capitalize on opportunities for innovation and increased impact. Continuously improves the data analytics software infrastructure, utilizing best practices for software development, data management, and data analysis. Assists in the development of automation, prototypes, and proof-of-concepts as needed to validate and implement data analysis requirements, workflows, techniques, and methods. Conducts all software development lifecycle tasks as part of the Data Analytics team, contributing to a mission-driven, creative, enjoyable, and stimulating work environment
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you’ll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
- Produces, implements, and supports data analytics software for internal and external clients
- designs, develops, documents, and maintains software solutions enabling the derivation of useful information from available data sources, such as Smart Meter (AMI) data; sub-meter, smart thermostat, and other sensor data; building operations and production data; public data; etc. as part of VEIC’s custom software environment
- continuously reviews and improves data acquisition, management, and analysis systems, applications, and tools as needed, ensuring quality, security, and alignment with internal and industry best practices
- participates in solution development process, including aspects of software and data architecture; user requirements; user interface/experience design; testing/QA; maintenance; documentation; source code control; continuous integration and release management
- Ability in C# and .NET technologies
- Experience in DevOps and software release practices
- Subject matter expertise in timeseries data management and analysis techniques
- Subject matter expertise in energy industry data and practices