Senior Mobile DevOps Engineer
Age of Learning · Glendale, CA
EducationPosted 1 month ago
About the jobCompany Overview
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com Early Learning Academy®is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
Our core IT team is at the center of driving success for all of our product groups and production applications. They are a foundational cornerstone central to the adoption and implementation of complex design and architecture.
As we continue to scale our presence, Age of Learning is seeking a Senior Mobile DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for the design, implementation, and deployment of highly available and scalable CI/CD pipelines in our cloud environments. Keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and a solid knowledge base are essential to meet operational goals for high availability, performance, stability, security, and cost-efficiency.
- Work directly with DevOps and Engineering teams designing and implementing build, test, release, and deployment management processes related to all platforms
- Act as a subject matter expert on mobile platform build and release
- Manage all mobile environments and platforms like Appcenter, Apple Store, Google Play etc.
- Work closely with Engineering and IT teams to identify deployment and process bottlenecks
- Build creative and optimized solutions to address engineering requirements
- Automate and orchestrate workflows
- Enhance and support existing CI/CD processes, tooling, and automation
- Contribute to and follow best practices established by the company
- Experience troubleshooting build and configuration issues on macOS, Linux, Windows
- Strong hands-on experience with mobile (iOS and Android) build and release pipelines and release tools
- 7+ years of hands-on experience supporting programming languages such as Python, PHP, C++, C#, or similar object-oriented languages
- 7+ years of experience performing build and release engineering roles with a heavy emphasis on Mobile and Gaming platforms
- Experience developing cloud native CI/CD workflows using GitLab or other orchestration platforms
- Experience with orchestration platform migrations (Jenkins to GitLab etc)
- In-depth knowledge with GIT (workflows, branches, tags, hooks) and "GITOps" in general
- Hands-on experience with Ansible or similar tools to manage build environment confguration
- 7+ years deploying and operating applications within cloud native environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Unity in a build system (Highly Desired)
- Experience with tools like flutter, Fastlane, Appium etc
- Strong fundamental knowledge of Mobile application workflows including certs/signing etc
- Experience with Appcenter
- 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
- A 401(k) program with employer match
- 15 paid vacation days plus 11 observed national paid holidays
- Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
- Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
- Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
- Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
- A temporary 100% remote work environment, due to COVID restrictions, to help ensure the safety of our employees
- Monthly internet stipend provided due to temporary remote work environment