Children's Hospital of Philadelphia · Philadelphia, PA
The Enterprise Data & Analytics Team is an essential part of the Center of Healthcare Quality & Analytics (CHQA) team within the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). Its mission is to ingest, manage, and transform the enterprise’s data assets into actionable insights which improve the healthcare delivery system. The Enterprise Data & Analytics team functions include Data Engineering, Application Development, Data Governance, Business Intelligence, Analytics Services (Visualization, Process Improvement, and Business Analysis) and Advanced Analytics.
This position would primarily focus on implementing DevOps principles through agile/lean/continuous delivery methods to operationalize Data and analytics platform and products.
1. Establish best practices for managing infrastructure as code.
2. Build and manage on premise and cloud data/analytics platforms and products.
3. Identify opportunities for cost optimization and improve speed of delivery.
4. Identify opportunities for improvements and automation opportunities.
5. Ensure service reliability and service availability to ensure adequate service levels.
6. Build and maintain Continuous Delivery and Continuous integration pipelines for data and analytics products.
7. Perform incident and problem management.
8. Perform root cause analysis.
9. Partner with data analysts, product managers, engineers, and business stakeholders to obtain a holistic understanding of each team’s needs and translate into infrastructure and tooling that enables a DevOps culture.
10. Work independently and effectively manages time across multiple priorities and projects.
11. Make recommendations about platform adoption, including technology integrations, application servers, libraries, and frameworks.
12. Participate in a shared production on-call support model.
13. Be a critical part of a scrum team in an agile environment, ensuring the team successfully meets its deliverables each sprint
14. Serve as a mentor for all Data Engineers.
15. Must possess critical thinking and creative problem solving skills along with the ability to communicate well with stakeholders throughout the organization
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Information Technology or related fields.
At least six (6) years of managing data and analytics infrastructure such as Hadoop/Spark clusters, SQL/No SQL data stores and/or application hosting platforms.
1 year of experience working with at least one of the public cloud platforms such AWS/Azure/GCP.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
Preferred Experience: Eight (8) years of managing data and analytics infrastructure such as Hadoop/Spark clusters, SQL/No SQL data stores and/or application hosting platforms.
Two (2) years of experience working with at least one of the public cloud platforms such AWS/Azure/GCP.
Additional Technical Requirements
• Good hands on experience with Linux (RHEL/Debian) operating system
• Good understanding of Distributed computing, Scalable architectures and micro services architecture
• Hands on experience in establishing and governing code based CI/CD pipelines using job automation platforms such as Jenkins.
• Experience with at least one of the infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc.,
• Knowledge of version control systems such as Git.
• Deep understanding of Operating system concepts and networking concepts.
• Ability to code with scripting languages such as Python, Bash, groovy etc.,
• Experience with Container Orchestration platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes etc.,
• Experience with big data toolset: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Hive, sqoop etc.
• Basic knowledge of data integration tools: DBT, Informatica, MS Integration Services etc.
• Experience with stream-processing systems: IBM Streams, Flume, Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
• Experience consuming and building APIs
• Experience utilizing Agile methodology for development
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.