Fullstack Software Engineer, Tech Incubation
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center · New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Please note that effective July 1, 2021, MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
WHO ARE WE?
The Tech Incubation team seeks to push the existing boundaries in cancer care at the confluence of tech and health. We function as an engine for innovation that supports aggressive, scientific experimentation with new technologies in a variety of breakthrough domains that helps craft MSK’s digital transformation. The team is a multidisciplinary group of designers, product managers, engineers and data scientists whose activities range from basic tech research, to proof of concept and design work, to streamlined pilots and evaluations of new technologies in production clinical and business environments. We also reach beyond institutional walls to forge collaborations with academic, startup, and established industry partners to accelerate and augment these activities.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON?
You will collaborate with the Engineering Manager, and you will be responsible for the full development life cycle of sophisticated projects including analysis, design, programming, implementation and support.
- Develop client facing features by translating graphical design and wireframes to code
- Builds and configures REST services
- Captures data requirements, maintain metadata about the data, ensures security and governance of the data, stores the data using specialized technologies that are optimized for a particular use case and processes the data according to the specific needs.
- Establish meetups and attend developer conferences to give talks
- Provides innovative solutions to complex business or production issues
- Research into new technologies, frameworks and development practices
- Design and prototype a user interface in an agile setting
- Optimize code for performance and scalability
- Work closely with designers and product managers to scope and deliver projects
Our ideal candidate
- 1-3 years of experience in building commercial web applications in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with developing software applications in at least one of the major Cloud platforms – AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Proficient in DOM API, AJAX and one or more build systems - Webpack, Browserify
- Phenomenal communicator, excited to mentor across diverse teams with multifaceted technical backgrounds.
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to complete our tech assessment and/or schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns)-> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to an on-site visit or video call with the team -> post interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK
We look forward to meeting soon!