Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center · New York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Do you want to join a dedicated team on a mission to transform how MSK is managing and integrating its data? As part of MSK Digital transformation program, MSK is looking to enhance its data architecture and data management capabilities, and align current enterprise data warehouse (EDW) solutions with a newly evolving institution-wide data strategy. We are seeking a well-rounded, hardworking data engineer who loves new challenges, and is ready to embrace building innovative and sophisticated healthcare data solutions. Join us here at MSK, where we can provide you with the opportunity to do all those things!
- A data engineer with extensive experience in enterprise data integration projects.
- Expert in working with multiple programming languages, such as C++; Python, Java.
- Expert with SQL database programming
- Familiar with data visualization and BI technologies, such as Tableau, Power BI, Cognos
- Familiar with cloud providers such as AWS or Azure and their tools and technologies.
- Creating efficient and reusable modularized components that drive complex applications. The candidate will use their knowledge of programming languages with focus on Python, Java, SQL etc.
- Contributing to MSK’s enterprise wide data architecture and strategy
- Leading and executing large scale data integration projects and initiatives.
- Participation in full SAFe and Agile development life cycle including analysis, design, built and release of data pipelines.
- Working collaboratively in a scrum team while interacting with business owners, vendors, architects, other engineers, scrum masters and product owners
- Being available to provide off hours support, including weekends.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience.
- Experience working in an autonomous Scale Agile (SAFe) or equivalent environment.
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to complete our tech assessment and/or schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns)-> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to an on-site visit or video call with the team -> post interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK
We look forward to meeting soon!