Product Manager - Core Mobile App
Butterfly Network · New York, NY
Butterfly Network’s mission is to democratize healthcare by enabling universal access to superior medical imaging. We reinvented ultrasound technology by creating the world's first handheld, single-probe whole-body ultrasound system: the Butterfly iQ. This innovative technology reduces the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip.
Butterfly harnesses the advantages of AI and cloud computing to deliver advanced imaging that is easy-to-use and built for the digital era. The Butterfly iQ and next-generation Butterfly iQ+ have received CE Mark and FDA clearance, and are being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.
Butterfly’s Core Mobile Product Manager is responsible for Butterfly’s mobile device-based user experience, exclusive of clinical imaging. The Core Mobile Product Manager will work cross-functionally to define product requirements and deliver features that improve the overall usability of the Butterfly iQ mobile applications on both iOS and Android platforms. The Core Mobile Product Manager will report to Butterfly’s Director of Product Management, Mobile, Clinical Imaging, and Deep Learning.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Research the competitive landscape and translate requirements into a well-defined mobile roadmap.
- Engage core stakeholders, both internal and external, to inform and validate the design of mobile features.
- Perform user research to drive product requirements
- Ensure consistency and coherence of the mobile user experience across cross-functional development efforts.
- Work closely with Butterfly internal teams to identify future product needs while continually improving the efficiency and delivery of complex features.
- Write detailed specifications and ensure features work to spec.
- Partner with engineering to work through implementation details, spec reviews, design reviews and ensure the on-time delivery of features.
- Perform a broad variety of tasks in support of the role and responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3+ years of experience in Software Product Management, or a related field.
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way. Be able to define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Experience with agile development
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Proven leadership capabilities including strategy development, effective decision making, and the ability to drive results
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to translate and articulate complicated business problems into easily understood solutions and functional requirements
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a distributed team across Engineering, Design, Clinical, Quality, Regulatory, Customer Success, Marketing and Sales
- Ability to work cohesively and effectively in a team environment with employees from all levels within an organization required.
Ideally, you also have these skills/experiences/attributes (but it’s ok if you don’t!):
- Advanced technical or medical degree
- Knowledge of clinical ultrasound workflows and best practices
- Experience with shipping medical device products, e.g., familiarity with quality management systems and regulatory submissions
You Deeply Identify with Core Butterfly Network Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Flexible Paid Time Off - recharge and come back ready to make an impact
- Beautiful office overlooking the Flatiron building in NYC
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.