Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack)
CommonBond · New York, NY
CommonBond has built a values-driven, customer-centric fintech company. Our mission is to change the way people think about their personal finances and financial independence. We accomplish this by offering products that increase monthly cash flow for consumers, leverage state-of-the art technology, and deliver award-winning customer service. We are also the only fintech company with a 1-for-1 social mission; for every loan funded, we fund the education of a child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by Inc., and the Forbes Fintech 50. In 2020, the company made the Inc 500 list, which highlights the fastest growing private companies in America. We are backed by great investors, have an awesome team, and are looking for our next great team member.
Creating a robust tech-powered organization is essential to our success. In joining our Software Engineering team, you can expect to have ownership over building new products, solving for challenges we face as a company, creating products that help people, and supporting an incredible social mission.
We are seeking a highly talented Full-Stack Engineer with entrepreneurial instincts, a strong sense of product, and a desire to build something from the ground up. This person will have the opportunity to impact all levels of our technology development and will influence our product development across the business.
The ideal candidate will have strong and demonstrated knowledge of design principles and usability and will be comfortable driving the user experience in collaboration with the rest of the team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing, testing, and optimizing applications that serve our customers, partners, and internal users.
- Collaborating with other engineers to break down large problems into a set of small, executable tasks.
- Working with a product team to understand requirements and priorities and communicating progress on execution and delivery.
- Owning the execution process with the rest of the engineering team, including documentation, reviews, and testing.
- Communicating delivered business value to stakeholders regularly.
- Influencing our identity as a tech organization through involvement in guilds and by holding yourself and your peers accountable to our engineering principles.
- Designing and implementing web and mobile pages.
What you’ll be working with:
- Testing stack information: Cucumber, Kotlin, Java, Selenium, Jenkins, Saucelabs
- More stack information: https://stackshare.io/companies/commonbond
- A team of passionate, curious, and innovative professionals
What you’ll bring:
- 6+ years hands-on experience in object-oriented design and development with exposure to working with databases
- Ability to work independently as well as function as an integral part of a team, take initiative and contribute in a fast-paced environment along with the ability to do quick prototypes
- Understanding of agile processes and the impact of self-organizing teams
- Appreciation for automated testing
- Excitement to write code that makes a difference
- An appetite for ongoing learning and growth and sharing knowledge with peers
- Experience with Event driven architecture is a plus
- Experience with React and Go is a plus
- Portfolio of work that ideally includes projects where you took the lead on the creation and implementation of the design
- Passionate about our mission to make students’ lives easier and disrupt finance in the process
- Ability to work in a complex environment and prioritize among competing demands
- Desire to collaborate with an extraordinary team and be part of true innovation
Our Engineering values:
- We believe that ideas are more important than technologies.
- We understand that the software we build has real-world consequences and take that responsibility seriously.
- We know that code isn’t just a set of instructions for machines, but communication with other humans; style, elegance, and respect are important.
- We believe that an ability to balance paying off technical debt and rapidly completing a project contributes to the health of the codebase, engineering team, and organization.
You can work in our New York City HQ; or remotely from anywhere in the US (EST working hours). Due to the on-going pandemic of COVID-19, if you choose to work from our NYC HQ, it is likely that you’ll start working remotely.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.