CommonBond · New York, NY
CommonBond has built a values-driven, customer-centric fintech company. Our mission is to change the way people think about their personal finances and financial independence. We accomplish this by offering products that increase monthly cash flow for consumers, leverage state-of-the art technology, and deliver award-winning customer service. We are also the only fintech company with a 1-for-1 social mission; for every loan funded, we fund the education of a child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by Inc., and the Forbes Fintech 50. In 2020, the company made the Inc 500 list, which highlights the fastest growing private companies in America. We are backed by great investors, have an awesome team, and are looking for our next great team member.
CommonBond is seeking a Product Manager to lead the delivery of multiple lending products This is a highly collaborative role interfacing between engineering and key stakeholders throughout the company. Wild success for this role is to create the product features that will drive significant revenue growth for CommonBond while helping people save money throughout their financial journey.
You will be contributing to our inclusive environment, fostering a culture that brings out the best in yourself and your colleagues. Your manager will be your champion and coach and will help ensure you are able to grow as an individual while you contribute to the excellence and advancement of our platform.
We offer autonomy, responsibility, and a team of amazing in-office and remote colleagues, plus generous benefits including comprehensive healthcare, student loan reimbursement, a flexible time off policy, paid parental leave, volunteer time off and access to professional development opportunities .
- Drive product implementation working closely with development squads and engineering and design leadership
- Test and iterate on all aspects of the product experience
- Proactively identify patterns and insights from data to inform user experience and prioritization decisions
- Build domain knowledge and expertise around the market and competitive landscape to inform decisions
- Demonstrate strong creativity and scrappiness and handle constraints with grace
- Review, analyze, and manage existing processes and documentation, and generate new materials as needed
- Translate business requirements into detailed functional requirements for engineering team
- Assist in development and execution of user testing to validate system functionality
- Build and execute product backlog while addressing production support needs of the product
- Forecast the impact of feature releases of your products and then measure performance
- Support daily stand-ups, sprint planning and retrospectives and manage the end-to-end agile design / build / test / release process
- 4+ years of product management experience ideally in a transactional direct to consumer business
- Customer-centric: You possess great customer empathy. You aren’t shy about speaking with customers firsthand to understand how they’re experiencing your product and leveraging their feedback to drive your roadmap
- Technical Acumen: ability to translate consumers insights into product requirements and acceptance criteria, working closely with engineering teams to deliver great products
- Communication: Effective communicator that can tailor communication style to the audience (i.e. more technical for engineering team communications, higher level for executive team communications)
- Data-Driven: Demonstrated desire and ability to use data and analytics to measure impact of products and features and ultimately drive prioritization
- Collaborative: You take high ownership of your product but balance that with a collaborative nature knowing that great ideas for product exist across the organization (and outside it!)
- Strategic: You understand the competitive landscape and job to be done by the customer. You think about how your product fits in that landscape today and where it can fit in the future
- Hungry: You are a self-starter who is very comfortable setting your own agenda and working in a culture of high ownership and high expectations. You have a passion for shipping product
- Strong desire to make personal finance more human and easier to manage
You can work in our New York City HQ; or remotely from anywhere in the US (as long as you work east coast hours). As a heads up, due to the on-going pandemic of COVID-19, if you choose to work from our NYC HQ, it is likely that you’ll start working remotely.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.