Assistant Director of Application and Operation Services
The Franklin Institute · Philadelphia, PA
The Franklin Institute, the most visited museum in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, strives to be the world leader in promoting science and technology education and literacy through inspiring and engaging experiences that cultivate curiosity, critical thinking, and an understanding of the crucial role science plays in our lives.
At The Franklin Institute, we provide an environment that is as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you will find the Institute offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas, and inspiration.
The Franklin Institute is seeking a highly experienced leader in the management of a team responsible for Applications, Application Support, Data Analytics and Desktop Support/Management with a proven track record for building and implementing strategies and delivering exemplary customer service. The Assistant Director of Application and Operation Services is responsible for the strategic vision and implementation of such strategy to support The Franklin Institute’s Business application and desktop support needs.
The Assistant Director of Application and Operation Services will also be responsible for:
- Build, foster and maintain a thought provoking and inclusive culture that ensures the team will perform optimally and deliver proven results
- Manage the relationship with TFI’s Managed Service Provider (“MSP”). Define metrics determining proper executive of services including helpdesk activities. Define and manager handoff of tasks from MSP to internal staff for proper escalation.
- Manage vendor relationships for various services including but not limited to hardware procurement and other service providers such as telecom.
- Facilitate driving a culture change that supports the Institute in becoming a data-driven, data informed culture by providing analytical tools, services and insight.
- Work cross-functionally to define a Master Data Management (“MDM”) plan. Develop a roadmap that drives which data we collect, use and measure to drive business reporting and analytics, and demonstrate how external data can supplement the data strategy.
- Oversee staff to ensure applications are being utilized effectively to support the data driven strategy
- Build credibility throughout the Institute; influence across the organization by demonstrating through leadership, collaboration and consistent performance
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or relevant industry experience
- 7-10+ years’ experience with business analysis for full lifecycle of services; led Big Data solutions in complex data science efforts
- Proven experience in the management of service providers and vendors
- Proven experience in the management of day to day operations in a complex application and data driven environment
- Understanding of quantitative analytics
- Highly self-motivated and directed with an eagerness to learn new skill sets and apply them towards project and team success
- Understanding of sophisticated data visualization tools
- Demonstration of cultural competence to work across lines of business and differences
- Exceptional written, visual presentation, and oral communication
- Excellence analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Understanding of Google Analytics, Point of Sale and transactional systems, CRM, Finance, workflow automation, lead/opportunity management, data quality, event management, customer service, and web site lifecycles.
The Franklin Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Franklin Institute offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance and disability coverage. We also offer generous Paid Time Off, paid holidays, and numerous wellness program benefits.
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted to our Human Resources Department in a variety of ways. Visit our career page for mail, fax, and in person delivery instructions, or apply via email below. Please indicate the position and that you found this job on Tech Jobs For Good in the subject line.