Independent Contractor, Website Design & Development
Climate Policy Initiative · Remote (USA)
ABOUT THE ALLIANCE
The Cities Climate Finance Leadership Alliance (the Alliance) is a multi-stakeholder coalition aimed at closing the investment gap for urban climate projects worldwide.
Since being Launched at the United Nations Secretary-General’s Climate Summit in September 2014, the Alliance has gathered sustainable urban development leaders dedicated to climate action, sustainable infrastructure, and providing knowledge and financing to these various stakeholders.
The Alliance’s 70+ members represent many of the world’s largest city and subnational networks, major public and private financial institutions, governments, and international organizations, representing the main market players in city-level climate finance.
Climate Policy Initiative is the Secretariat (manager) of the Alliance.
The Alliance is looking to refresh its current website (www.citiesclimatefinance.org), including to improve the user experience (both front- and back-end), add new functionality, and refine the Alliance’s brand and visual identity on the website.
We are looking for a talented freelance web developer, or web design and development team to support us with this effort. The successful candidate will be contracted by Climate Policy Initiative.
SCOPE OF WORK
We propose that this contract will be for 2.5 months from 16 August 2021 to 31 October 2021 with the approximate work schedule below:
|Kick-off meeting||Aug. 16|
|Development begins||Sep. 15|
|User testing||Oct. 11|
|Post-launch edits and updates||Oct. 29|
The consultant will work with the Alliance’s Communications team, including a Senior Design Associate, as well as the Alliance project team.
The expected outputs for this assignment include:
- Building on the Alliance’s existing WordPress website, improve information architecture, user experience, home page and key page templates, and overall visual identity.
- Add front-end functionalities, including: a search feature, member log-in, page filtering, PDF/document download ability, social share buttons, graphics libraries, and a knowledge hub.
- Add back-end functionalities, including: page and content tagging by topic, settings for interactive data viz on pages, and preview link image control.
- Implement new data visualizations features that seamlessly integrates with the Alliance’s existing brand and website. For an example see the interactive graphics here.
- Administer back-end functions including: staging site needs, deployment of site templates, plug-ins and new pages/content through WP-admin to launch new site into production, and ensuring smooth transfer and operation of other supporting systems including Google analytics, MailChimp, and other plug-ins.
- Conduct user, platform, browser, and device testing prior to launch.
- Guide regular meetings with the Alliance team based in London, UK (whose working language is English and whose working hours are 9am-6pm BST), providing advice and project updates as the work develops, in addition to training on site use and maintenance.
- Make other improvements to Alliance website as needed and which are within agreed budget.
- Design and development of new home page, global navigation, footer and new key page templates
- Development to leverage existing WP backend themes and plugins from Alliance and CPI WP environments
- Browser/platform testing limited to primary systems (eg, iOS, Android, Chrome, FF, Safari, Edge); device testing must include mobile; one round of basic user testing leveraging Alliance/CPI staff and members, Alliance will provide use cases
Your proposal must include your portfolio, resume/CV of core team members/their key position, a cover letter outlining how your skills and experience align with the consulting requirements, and a fixed-fee proposal for completing the SOW above (a range reflecting options/scope dependability is acceptable).
Please email your proposal to [email protected].
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.