Back End Drupal Developer
CivicActions · Remote (USA)
*This position is contingent upon future project wins. Anticipated start date is mid September 2021.
CivicActions is a mission-minded company. We focus on helping the government deliver better services through modern software practices. We are looking for others like us with a true passion for using technology to make a positive change in our world. We work in cross-functional, agile teams and communicate openly and honestly. We encourage a balanced, autonomous lifestyle.
As a backend developer you will create, configure, and maintain contributed and custom modules in the context of specific site needs. Aiming for maintainability, simplicity, and reusability. You’ll do this alongside an amazing team and dedicated clients.
You should be comfortable in a consulting or professional services environment. We also like to see contributions to open community projects.
- Develop and manage Drupal applications in an Agile environment
- Architect and write secure, performant, well-documented object oriented PHP code that adheres to coding standards
- Develop code collaboratively within Git repositories using forks, branching workflows, and conflict resolution
- Set up and maintain local Drupal sandbox environments based on Docker-based tools (e.g. Lando, docker-compose)
- Engage in peer programming and take part in code reviews
- Lead or support content/data migrations into and out of Drupal
- Enable and extend common Drupal modules
- Manage configuration-as-code using the Drupal Configuration API
- Comfortable integrating and configuring search engines (e.g. Solr, Drupal search) with Drupal Views
- Write and update work ticket user stories, acceptance criteria, implementation notes, risks/assumptions
- Take part in agile scrum team ceremonies
- Take part in project and internal meetings
- 7+ Years of engineering experience, in addition to a Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Engineering degree or equivalent
- Experience with Drupal 8/9 and Symfony
- Experience with Drupal APIs (Form API, Configuration API, Menus, JSON API etc)
- Able to develop unit and/or behavioral tests using automated testing tools (e.g. Behat, Cypress, PHPUnit) to validate your features
- Experience with Drupal 8/9 migrations - configuring mappings, custom plugins, media handling etc
- Familiar using local Drupal sandbox environments based on Docker-based tools (eg. Lando, docker-compose)
- Experience with complex Git workflows and tasks (e.g. forks, branching, resolving conflicts etc)
- Problem-solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with object oriented PHP programming, including common design patterns
- Comfortable with reading API documentation and integrating with external APIs and systems
- Comfortable writing complex SQL queries as well as Drupal EntityQueries and the Database API
- Experience with the command line shell and tools like Drush
Nice to Have:
It’s a bonus if you have skills or experience in:
- Web-based API design and implementation (REST, XML-RPC)
- One or more Acquia Drupal 8 certifications
$95,000 - $115,000 USD per Year
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
We are a completely remote team within the United States. We ask that you have a dedicated work space, computer and fast internet.
People who are well taken care of can be more balanced, productive, and happy.
- 100% company-paid medical/dental/vision/life/ disability with 100% dependent coverage
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Flexible vacation policy, we encourage employees to take time off as much time as needed
- Yearly professional development stipend
- 5% of your working time for community participation
We value diverse teams and are committed to creating a community of inclusion.We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.