Senior Data Engineer
Kaia Health · New York, NY
Health & Well-BeingPosted 4 months ago
User Experience Design (UX)
Kaia is a mission-focused health technology company.
Our story began in 2016, when our founders, Konstantin Mehl and Manuel Thurner, created a mission to bring affordable and accessible relief to millions of people with chronic conditions. No strangers to chronic pain themselves, they decided to innovate ways to remove the obstacles many people experience in getting the leading-edge care they need.
How do Kaia apps work? Kaia uses a dynamic AI-powered algorithm. Our programs are based on multimodal rehabilitation, a holistic approach to managing chronic conditions. Our users have easy access via smartphone and tablet to our programs for back/hip/knee pain and COPD using this evidence-based approach.
Five years into our story, we are a leader in digital therapeutics, with 500,000+ users worldwide. Having raised $125 million from investors like Optum Ventures, idInvest, and Balderton Capital, to name a selected few, we are poised to create a global footprint in digital self-care. Kaia is patient empowerment made easy.
The regulatory landscape is quickly adapting to the digital ecosystem. Therefore, our mission and strategy bring new opportunities for determined talent to join our journey. With over 100 “Kaianeers” spread across the US and Europe, we now need more specialized talent to help take our mission further.
Summary of Role:
We are looking for a passionate Senior Data Engineer to join our Analytics team and advance our analytics data architecture. You will collaborate with the rest of the Analytics team and company stakeholders (such as product, UX, sales, marketing, medical, etc.) to identify data needs and solve them to support insights that inform key business decisions. The role is open for candidates located in New York City (USA), Munich (DE), or remote (with the ability to work in EST or CET working hours).
As part of the Analytics team, you will:
- Maintain and evolve our analytics data architecture
- Handle our data pipeline from Ingestion to Storage
- Align with other Data Engineers, Data Scientists, Data Analysts and other stakeholders throughout the organization on data needs and implement them
- Work with our Analysts and Product teams to strive for impact for our users
- Support Kaia in expanding our data streaming capabilities
- Integration of new datasets (internal and external)
- Ensure data modelling and data lineage across all data stores and tools
- Ensure data from different sources are connected in the right way to ensure tracking across media breaks correctly and allow for attribution
We are looking for somebody who has:
- Previous experience in a Data Engineer or comparable role
- Experience in setting up and maintaining (cloud-based) data collections/DWHs including data modeling
- Experience in building and optimizing (cloud-based) data pipelines
- Previous experience using AWS Redshift, AWS Lambda, AWS Kinesis, AWS S3, and/or Snowplow
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Experience with granular event tracking including the necessary cross-company alignment
- Excellent communication skills in English
- A passion for solving puzzles without knowing the full picture
- US Authorization Required
Ideally you also:
- Have a strong interest in healthcare and health technology
- Are familiar with privacy and security standards like HIPAA or GDPR
- Have experience with dbt and/or Apache Airflow
- Have experience working in a DevOps environment
You'll fit in with Kaia's company culture if you:
- Are user centric and view technology as a tool to improve a user’s life
- Believe in data-driven decisions and know how to ask the right questions, then inspire answers with quantitative information
- Enjoy collaborating with an interdisciplinary set of stakeholders
- Strive to be articulate and humble, make the complex, simple, present ideas openly, accepting that being wrong is part of the process
- Are not afraid of tackling problems that others deem impossible
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial team, adapt easily to change, and enjoy a fast-paced environment
Some of the benefits of being a Kaianeer:
You can directly influence the future of digital health in a team of industry experts and digital shapers.
You will work alongside serial entrepreneurs (previously founded and scaled another startup, Foodora).
You’ll enjoy flat hierarchies, a hybrid work from home/office environment, and flexible vacation and working times.
We support your professional development and have a budget set aside for you just for that!
Happy hours, team events, and knowledge-sharing sessions galore!
Join us if you’re looking for an entrepreneurial adventure and an exciting place to grow personally and professionally.