Emily's List · Washington, DC
Data + Analytics
Public Service & Civic Engagement
$60000 - $70000 Per YearPosted 3 months ago
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, is searching for a Data Manager to join our Data and Tech Team. The Data Manager will be responsible for managing our EveryAction instance and creating organization wide data standards. At EMILY’s List, you’ll be part of a dynamic team committed to electing Democratic pro-choice women up and down the ballot. Read on for more details about the job and about EMILY’s List.
Essential Job Functions
- Create organization wide data standards for EveryAction use that meet the need of backend and frontend users;
- Establish organization-wide protocols and conduct trainings to help educate new users on EveryAction process;
- Manage database access, ensure data integrity, and perform general database administrative tasks;
- Create and manage internal documentation and processes for our data program;
- In partnership with the data team members, develop data-driven insights to help expand the use of data across EMILY’s List;
- Manager users and database administrative tasks Provide front-line technical support for all EMILY’s List EveryAction users.
- Candidates should have at least 2 years of relevant work experience in either political data, data analytics, or as a field organizer with the desire to transition to the data space;
- Hands on experience with EveryAction or VAN/VoteBuilder
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with colleagues in a consultative manner are critical to success;
- Ability to apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities;
- Knowledge of, or desire to learn, SQL, R, or Python, or equivalent data analysis language;
- All candidates should possess commitment and passion to elect Democratic pro-choice women, as well as a commitment to the diversity of our candidates, membership, partners, and staff.
The salary for this position is $60,000 to $70,000 and comes with a comprehensive benefits package. The starting pay for this position is equal to others at the same level throughout the organization. We will begin reviewing applications on June 15, 2021.
Our office is based in Washington, DC. All positions are currently working remotely due to the pandemic.
About EMILY’s List
EMILY’s List, the nation’s largest resource for women in politics, has raised over $700 million to elect Democratic pro-choice women candidates. With a grassroots community of over five million members, EMILY's List helps Democratic women win competitive campaigns – across the country and up and down the ballot – by recruiting and training candidates, supporting and helping build strong campaigns, researching the issues that impact women and families, running nearly $50 million in independent expenditures in the last cycle alone, and turning out women voters and voters of color to the polls. Since our founding in 1985, we have helped elect the country's first woman as vice president, 157 women to the House, 26 to the Senate, 16 governors, and more than 1,300 women to state and local office. More than 40 percent of the candidates EMILY’s List has helped elect to Congress have been women of color. After the 2016 election, more than 60,000 women reached out to EMILY's List about running for office laying the groundwork for the next decade of candidates for local, state, and national offices. In our effort to elect more women in offices across the country, we have created our Run to Win program, expanded our training program, including a Training Center online, and trained thousands of women.
EMILY’s List is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
EMILY’s List prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the person holding this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. EMILY’s List reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary.