Senior Software Engineer
MoveOn · Remote (USA)
As a leader on the engineering team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a fresh and wide-ranging codebase, bring a security-first mindset to development, and directly contribute to the culture and success of the organization. Our suite of software tools will require engineers to build out significant portions of our data warehouse and pipelines using industry standard tools and languages as well as handle deployment and operation in the cloud.
Community Tech Alliance is a group of progressive technologists and strategists formed to provide data infrastructure building blocks to the progressive ecosystem at a low cost. CTA seeks to uplevel program impact by unlocking the potential of data, using software and data engineering, and removing the barriers to entry. We are a small team of engineers, data practitioners, product managers, and strategists looking to create infrastructure for progressive change.
Community Tech Alliance believes strongly that:
- Inclusive teams are strongest, and supportive work environments take investment, intentionality, and openness
- Empathy is the cornerstone of building smart technology solutions
- All team members should take ownership of the project and team’s development
- Iteration is key, and smart solutions require action not perfection
- Nothing great has been built without making mistakes and learning from them
As a Senior Software Engineer, you should:
- Have experience collaborating closely with product teams and building with user experience at the forefront
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bring a security-first mindset to how we build and support products
- Act autonomously, thrive in a strong team environment, be excited to work in a fully remote role
- Be able to work with, clarify and find creative solutions for ambiguous requirements
- Have experience implementing performant test-driven code in ETL platforms
- Have experience with infrastructure and deployments in cloud environments
- Have experience working in a data warehouse or analytics-focused database
We use things like:
- Python, NodeJS, and SQL
- Apache Airflow, DBT, and other open-source data tooling
- Terraform and/or infrastructure as code
- Google Cloud Identity and other IAM/identity management frameworks
- Google Cloud Platform - BigQuery, Cloud Functions, and Kubernetes
We don’t expect every applicant to know or have worked with every technology we’ve listed, so we urge you to apply if you’re interested, and some of the above apply to you! We’re looking for engineers of all levels and hiring people over the position above all else.
The physical demands here represent those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
Salary and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience in the range of $140,000-$165,000 annually.
We are a remote-first organization, so we provide equipment for your home workspace. We offer a competitive compensation salary and benefits package, including:
- Generous healthcare, vision & dental insurance for employees
- Matching 401K contributions
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Generous holiday schedule
- Paid family leave
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.