Salesforce Business Analyst
Food and Water Watch · Remote (USA)
The Salesforce Business Analyst participates in all phases of our Salesforce processes including requirement documentation, user stories, solution design, unit testing, and project management. The solutions provided can vary from creating/updating approval processes, workflows, validation rules, managing third-party AppExchange products, fields and page layout, and various other Salesforce configurations. They have an advanced understanding of the Salesforce capabilities to ensure the best solution is provided to the stakeholders.
This role requires organization, initiative, creativity, and the ability to act as a solution consultant for internal stakeholders leveraging our Salesforce technology and digital solutions. This person is responsible for working with users from all programs/departments internally at all levels within Food & Water Watch. They are able to speak about and present both strategic and tactical items; they liaison with programs/stakeholders to help translate their requirements into technical solutions. They collaborate with developers to test and verify that solutions meet the business requirements and participate in key meetings with stakeholders including requirement sessions, system demos, user acceptance testing, and end-user training.
The ideal candidate has prior experience in the Salesforce ecosystem, Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP), Nonprofit processes, and has a desire to learn about our Salesforce ecosystem and internal processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise and manage staff charged with designing and developing business intelligence and reporting solutions for complex analysis.
- Gather, understand, and define program business requirements, business processes as well as documenting the programs objectives, use cases/stories, business requirements, and system specifications.
- Develop/enhance user stories and to-be process flows to support the design and development of Salesforce solutions
- Work collaboratively with team members to design a solution that meets a program’s business requirements and fulfill user stories.
- Collaborate on the configuration for user stories within Salesforce, AppExchange products, or other cloud-based technologies.
- Collaborate with developers to test and verify that solutions meet the program’s business requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve basic and advanced support issues as needed when an issue is escalated.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience required
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and verbal skills are required
- Passion for the mechanics of fundraising and building a culture of philanthropy
- Approach interactions with donors and supporters with a customer-service mindset
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people, under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with close attention to detail
- Good computer skills are required, including strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs
- Experience with Salesforce or similar database, or a demonstrated capacity to learn new technology quickly and effectively
- Strong interest in and commitment to promoting the goals of Food & Water Watch
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the person in this position has a high degree of contact with Salesforce, Marketing Cloud, and Related Application Users; a moderate degree of contact with other staff; and a low degree of contact with Non-Salesforce Users.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s Degree (BA, BS, etc.) and 4-6 years of fundraising experience in a relevant field or program. We are seeking an individual who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology field preferred.
- Experience with Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) and Nonprofit processes preferred.
- Salesforce Admin (ADX201 and ADX211) certified preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce technical solutions such as workflow rules, process builder, flow designed, validation rules, custom fields, page layouts, Lightning designer and working with AppExchange products.
- 2+ years’ Business Analyst experience or focus on project/program management.
- 2+ years’ experience leveraging and configuring the Salesforce platform to develop a solution.
- 1+ years’ experience soliciting, gathering, and analyzing user input and requirements.
- 1+ years’ experience documenting user stories and creating to-be process flow diagrams.
Compensation is dependent upon experience and based on labor market.
Computer Skills: The incumbent must work in a computerized environment and have adequate knowledge of word processing, email, internet, and spreadsheet software; have coursework or certification in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and proficiency with all other Microsoft Office products.
Click here to apply. Please include your resume, cover letter and three professional references to be considered.
We will review your application and if we feel that your knowledge, skills and abilities are potentially a good match for our organization, we will be in contact with you. Please include a Cover Letter with your submission. Position open until filled. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Food & Water Watch strives for a diverse work environment and encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and individuals with disabilities to apply.