Software QA Automation Engineer (12-Month Contract)
NWEA · Remote (USA)
The Software QA Automation Engineer works within the Product Development Department to ensure the productivity, reliability and accuracy of the systems and data used within the Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) computerized testing and reporting applications. This position reviews requirements and specifications and creates test plans that effectively evaluate MAP’s very complex system of applications, interfaces, and databases. This position will also be responsible for the design, creation, and execution of automated test cases across all stages of product development.
Product Development projects operate under tight and critical deadlines. The Software QA Automation Engineer must be able to develop and execute test plans to ensure products meet requirements, design specifications, and quality standards.
- Analyze user stories and manual tests to create automated software tests
- Manually test as needed while looking for ways to automate test scenarios whenever possible
- Create automated software test suites for sprint-based releases on multiple and simultaneous projects
- Create and maintain data sets for tests
- Documenting and execute test cases
- Communicate progress of automated test development
- Analyze the results of testing and submit defect reports
- Analyze, interpret and summarize test results and metrics and communicate to appropriate teams.
- Work with a strong collaborative Scrum team
- Train, mentor and influence other staff on software automation
- Foster and maintain good relationships with Product Development clients to ensure processes are integrated to support expected quality
Skills and abilities…
- Expertise in the principles of software automation, from both a frontend and backend testing perspective
- Strong understanding of the principles of data quality and how data quality can be analyzed/measured across systems
- 2+yrs of working with SQL queries, both creating and modifying existing queries
- Exposure to the AWS ecosystem.
- Experience working within a Kanban or Scrum-based development environment
- Knowledge and experience with software engineering best practices
- Technical aptitude to develop skills using available tools and software for the purpose of testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals
- Ability to organize time effectively, determine priorities, and move work forward
- Ability to assess the effectiveness of processes and procedures and recommend improvements
- Instill trust: gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
- Communicate effectively: develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
- Customer focus: build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions
- Drive results: consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances
Education and Experience…
- Minimum B.S. degree in computer science or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree
- At least two years quality assurance automation experience including testing multi-tier, web-based applications
NWEA® is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide by creating assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency—and provide timely data to help tailor instruction. For more than 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative pre-K–12 assessments, including our flagship interim assessment, MAP® Growth™; our progress monitoring and skills mastery tool, MAP® Skills™; and our reading fluency and comprehension assessment, MAP® Reading Fluency™. Educators trust our professional learning offerings to accelerate student learning and our research to support assessment validity and data interpretation. More than 11 million students in 146 countries use our solutions to support their learning and growth each year.
NWEA strives to make diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) practices the center of our work. Our organization’s mission, Partnering to Help All Kids Learn, is the foundation for our DEIA commitment as we work to reflect, value, and support the educators, students, colleagues, and communities we serve. We seek to empower and engage all stakeholders in the research, services, solutions, and products we provide, our organizational culture, and the partnerships we establish with schools, districts, states, and countries.